“Employees”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The employees of this bar were sitting at a table next to us shouting extremely loud and being very rude about customers and then they had a very loud conversation how bulwell was not a nice place and the people that live here were all sorts of horrible things, I enjoy the food here but I will not be returning to deal with loud rude employees.

2  Thank Kelsey C

Reviewed 18 March 2014

It is tough to make a point different from other reviews - William Peverel is simply a well-priced, reliable establishment that not only holds the welcoming atmosphere of most Wetherspoons (especially around the Nottingham area), but also has a very interesting vintage feel to it. Whether it be a wholesome cost-efficient meal you desire (in which case I strongly recommend Tuesday's steak club and Thursday's curry club) or a cheap environment to relax with a few drinks this is my pick of the places offered around Bulwell. Never had a bad thing to say about the William Peverel and I don't expect I ever will. Eat and drink here, the tasty food and unbeatable value will leave you feeling very merry indeed.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

You cannot beat Steak night at wetherspoons. For the price you pay and the quality of the food and at least you know where it comes from and not forgetting a drink included in the price, then you in for a treat.

We had the usual mixed grill and chicken and ribs. All very tasty and warmed our hearts on an otherwise cold night.

This is in a way our local wetherspoons although it is a bit of a trip from the village. I just wish that they takeover the vacant pub in the village.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Visited last Thursday for Curry Night and was most dissapointed.
We (A party of 2) arrived around 6.30pm to find the venue packed to the rafters with nowhere to sit, this is dispite the side seating area (Which I would estimate seats at least 30) being roped off with no explantion as to why, we eventually found a table to the rear which was a booth that seated 8, however, this was still full of plates, glasses etc from the previous diners and in a right state, we duly stacked all the plates together etc and placed them at the end of the table for the ease of the waiting staff, we duly went off to order our food.
We were served in this instance promptly even though we were asked our table number which we couldnt give as it looked as if the brass number had been prised out previously and not replaced. We were then asked if we wanted to go "Large" for an additional pound, we declined as the Curry Night portions were always adequate. We then went went back to our table which still had not been cleared after at least 15 minutes. Our food arrived after another 15-20 minutes and the order was wrong, it was sent back and returned correctly back to the table after another 10 mintues, this is when we noticed the portions seemed to have shrunk! It was no wonder they we upselling! More like trying to fleece another pound out of the customers for the same portions as previous! To be honest, its still really good value for a curry and a pint for £6.25. If they had been up front and stuck a pound on the inital price I'm sure most people would'nt mind, but, punting the "Go Large" for a pound just feels like they are trying to rip you off.
Following our wait I decided I would nip to the bar to fetch another beer, this "nip" turned into 20 minutes! The bar was simply understaffed and on one occasion the 3 people that were serving ALL disappeared into the kitchen to sort out a customer query leaving the bar empty for at least 5 mintues with at least 25, yes 25 customers waithing to be served! Plainly Ridiculous!
On finally purchasing my beer I returned to my table to find my Son had just about eaten all his food and mine was luke warm. I still ate it as it was a curry but it was just not satisfactory.

Come on Wetherspoons, you can and have indeed done better, it looks like complacency has set in with this establishment and the Management/Staff need a good shake up! Also, stop implementing schemes that make customers feel you are ripping them off, just be up front! Honesty is always the best policy.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We dine a lot in various Wetherspoon's pubs especially for their special nights, however this is the first time that i thought about reviewing it.

Compared to other restaurants that we visit, i can honestly say that i have never had a bad meal which has given me rise to complain. The food is always cooked fully, hot when it arrives to you and the staff always come up to you and ask if everything is good. Then the food is of good quality even though it is relatively cheap when you consider you get a drink included.

This can be regarded our favourite and it is a nice furnished pub and always try and get a seat especially in this weather next to the fire.

The only comment that i have is that before any sauces you wanted and salt and pepper used to be in sachet packets and you had to get them yourself. They have now decided to put them in a condiment tray. Now this is not unusual in many restaurants, however it depends on how the staff look after and clean them and what the refill policy is or maybe in Wetherspoons they replace with a new bottle. However as you can see from one photo, he tray was dirty.

Had the usual rack of ribs and mixed grill and although pictures a bit dark due to overhead lighting was great and tasty.