“Highly Recommended”
Review of Skydive Langar

Skydive Langar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Langar is a full-time professional Skydiving Centre located at Langar Airfield close to Nottingham in the East Midlands, UK. We provide top-quality training for both Beginner and Experienced Skydivers all year round. Skydives are normally from at least 13,000ft, using our two fast 15-place turbine-powered Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft. For Beginners, Skydive Langar offers three options: our Basic Skydiving Course (using the static line system with an automatically-opened parachute), the high-adrenaline intensive Accelerated Freefall (AFF) Course, and Tandem Skydives for fun or charity - or both!
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Did my first skydive in 2011 at Langar and have jumped most weekends since then. There is a great atmosphere and there are always friendly, helpful people around to provide support. The instructors at Langar are highly qualified and always available to give advice and training if you need it.

I would and do recommend Langar to anyone looking to start skydiving. You may not jump the moment you get to the drop zone, but there are plenty of friendly regulars around to help you pass the time!

2  Thank Rebecca M

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I did my first skydive in April 2010, tandem for charity. I didnt know what to expect but as soon as I arrived I felt comfortable, welcomed and put at ease by the members of staff. I was told I would jump around lunch time but if I remember rightly it was a fair bit after but that was ok, it was amazing to see all these crazy people hanging around, laughing and joking and then to watch these guys bored a plane together and see all these colourful parachutes come down from the sky! some at incredible speeds!
I don't remember much of the plane ride up, it was one the most outrageously scariest things I'd ever done but as soon as we left the plane the rush was unbeleivable, one I will never forget! I was bouncing off the walls for weeks, if something felt that good I wanted more...an AFF course and 140 jumps later! It has proved to be a life changing experience. I have spent a lot of weekends at Langar gaining knowledge and learning new skills from all the talented staff and I have made some amazing friends...I even gained a husband!
Even though neither of us jump much anymore I still find myself going up on the ocassional Saturday to hang around the DZ to catch up with some life time friends!
Please don't be put off by Clare's review just be realistic, expect to be there for the day, tell your friends and family the same, dress for the weather, take some deck chairs, a picnic or grab a burger from Anns cafe on site and just sit back and savour what will end up being one of the best days if your life!

6  Thank G464
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I did a tandem skydive, myself, on an incredibly busy day. There were 36 of us in total, jumping for a charity. So we were there from very early in the morning, and Skydive Langar were able to fit everyone in to do a tandem, without a problem.

If you get to the dropzone early, you have a much better chance of getting your Tandem done early, or at all. It's done on a first come, first served basis. Rolling up half way through the day, when the paperwork explains that it can be an 'all day' thing, dependant on weather, isn't the fault of the establishment. Read what you are given and listen to what you are told. My advice would be, get there early to anyone doing a tandem, and don't blame the dropzone if your rolling up late, or the weather stops you jumping. They are not weather gods and cannot turn back time.

Since my tandem, I became addicted and I learnt to skydive at Skydive Langar. All the staff are fantastic, dedicated and very helpful. Especially the aerodynamic deceleration technicians. They are a very dedicated bunch.

6  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When I was 17 I got the opportunity to go skydiving, but said "Are you crazy? Never!". Several years later, I met a friend who had just started skydiving and couldn't talk about anything else. I had to understand, and I'll never regret trying out skydiving. I came to Skydive Langar alone and terrified two years and a half ago - it was one the best decision I ever made. Since that day, I have done several hundreds jumps, and Langar skydivers became my family. I highly recommend skydive Langar for any type of jumping, from a unique tandem to the courses teaching you how to skydive on your own. Not only is the staff amiable, friendly and honest, they also include some of the best skydivers, best instructors and best cameramen in the UK.

Skydiving depending so much on weather, yes it is to be expected to have to wait for suitable wind and blue skies; the order of jumping between tandems being decided on a first come first served basis, yes if you're tenth to arrive you will have to wait for the first nine tandems to go. But all this is clearly written on the application forms and receipts. One of the big advantage of Skydive Langar is that the main landing area for both tandems and experienced skydivers is just in front of the buildings, so you can spend the time waiting for your turn to skydive watching the dance of canopies flying and coming to land.

5  Thank RaphBsh
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I did my first ever skydive back in 2007, making a tandem skydive for charity. The experience was one I'll never forget, due in no small part to the expertise and friendliness of the staff who kept me relaxed and thoroughly happy throughout.

Since then, I've made another 650 skydives, having completed a beginner's skydive course at the centre and continuing to jump ever since. I've competed at a national level and even have some skydiving medals to show off!

I thoroughly recommend Skydive Langar to anyone, whether you're looking for a once in a lifetime experience or, like me, you want to make skydiving part of your life. The centre is staffed by some of this countries finest skydivers and their continued dedication to supporting new people coming into this sport is what makes it so successful.

Yes, you will have to wait for your jump, but that's life. They'll ask you to come in at a certain time but there's no guarantee on what time you'll jump so relax and enjoy a day in the fresh air! Tandems jump on a first come first served basis, so you may have to wait for others ahead of you in the queue. And of course, sometimes the weather closes in and it simply isn't safe to jump - better to wait for those dangerous clouds to pass than to go up anyway just to save a couple of hours!

A fantastic sport, a brilliant place to do it and certainly an experience you'll never forget.

10  Thank lauralhampton