“Outrageous Fun with Skydive Langar!”
Review of Skydive Langar

Skydive Langar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Langar is a full-time professional Skydiving Centre located at Langar Airfield close to Nottingham in the East Midlands, UK. We provide top-quality training for both Beginner and Experienced Skydivers all year round. Skydives are normally from at least 13,000ft, using our two fast 15-place turbine-powered Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft. For Beginners, Skydive Langar offers three options: our Basic Skydiving Course (using the static line system with an automatically-opened parachute), the high-adrenaline intensive Accelerated Freefall (AFF) Course, and Tandem Skydives for fun or charity - or both!
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outrageous Fun with Skydive Langar!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I used to say I will never skydive due to my fear for heights. Something clicked after I've split up with my ex-boyfriend and I decided that I wanted to do something crazy, something that I thought I'd never manage to do. And I figured out that I need to have an adrenaline fix.
So I invited a friend of mine to do a tandem with me. My tandem instructor was Dave and he was the most friendly person on earth. The jump out of the jet was crazy at first and fortunately my fear went away instantly. Views from above are fabulous and for that moment in life I did not need to think about anything but to live the peaceful moment :)

The whole set up is very professionally managed and from the moment you step in you get a feeling that you are in safe hands and the videos playing in the waiting area make it seem so simple and help you calm your nerves - if that's the issue.

2 Thank Charlene L

UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I did a tandem skydive in aid of BLISS a couple years ago at Langar.

I was impressed with the well organised team who delivered the training and also the staff's attitude in general which made me feel more at ease with my impending terror

Visited March 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The best place in the world. Bar none.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have done over 350 skydives at Langar. Not quite sure how that happened, I only intended to give it a go!

The place is buzzing with so many passionate skydivers - both staff and the 'regular' skydivers are enthusiastic and in love with what they do - and they're so keen to spread the love and share their great experiences with newbies!

Yes, you often need to wait - this is the nature of the great British weather, but make the most of your visit - chat to the staff and other skydivers milling around. You'll probably get to watch some people parachute packing and witness the rather odd site of people holding hands and moving round practising for their next skydive, it's as interesting as you want it to be.

Come along and join us, we're a pleasant bunch.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Georgie M
Hertford, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Did my first skydive in 2011 at Langar and have jumped most weekends since then. There is a great atmosphere and there are always friendly, helpful people around to provide support. The instructors at Langar are highly qualified and always available to give advice and training if you need it.

I would and do recommend Langar to anyone looking to start skydiving. You may not jump the moment you get to the drop zone, but there are plenty of friendly regulars around to help you pass the time!

2 Thank Rebecca M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of the best days of my life!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I did my first skydive in April 2010, tandem for charity. I didnt know what to expect but as soon as I arrived I felt comfortable, welcomed and put at ease by the members of staff. I was told I would jump around lunch time but if I remember rightly it was a fair bit after but that was ok, it was amazing to see all these crazy people hanging around, laughing and joking and then to watch these guys bored a plane together and see all these colourful parachutes come down from the sky! some at incredible speeds!
I don't remember much of the plane ride up, it was one the most outrageously scariest things I'd ever done but as soon as we left the plane the rush was unbeleivable, one I will never forget! I was bouncing off the walls for weeks, if something felt that good I wanted more...an AFF course and 140 jumps later! It has proved to be a life changing experience. I have spent a lot of weekends at Langar gaining knowledge and learning new skills from all the talented staff and I have made some amazing friends...I even gained a husband!
Even though neither of us jump much anymore I still find myself going up on the ocassional Saturday to hang around the DZ to catch up with some life time friends!
Please don't be put off by Clare's review just be realistic, expect to be there for the day, tell your friends and family the same, dress for the weather, take some deck chairs, a picnic or grab a burger from Anns cafe on site and just sit back and savour what will end up being one of the best days if your life!

6 Thank G464