“Charity skydive in memory of Sophie”
Review of Skydive Langar

Skydive Langar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Langar is a full-time professional Skydiving Centre located at Langar Airfield close to Nottingham in the East Midlands, UK. We provide top-quality training for both Beginner and Experienced Skydivers all year round. Skydives are normally from at least 13,000ft, using our two fast 15-place turbine-powered Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft. For Beginners, Skydive Langar offers three options: our Basic Skydiving Course (using the static line system with an automatically-opened parachute), the high-adrenaline intensive Accelerated Freefall (AFF) Course, and Tandem Skydives for fun or charity - or both!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Watched my daughter jump out of a plane! So scary for me.... She loved it! All the staff were very professional and the instructor on the ground was fabulous to her. The guy she tandem jumped with was crackers.... But awesome ! It's a bit if a dishevelled place but is fine. Great bacon sandwiches. The only downside is having to wait around if the weather is bad . We waited a whole day and she didn't get to do it. We came back another weekend and she did it and raised about a £1,000 for Eating Disorders Charity.

1  Thank Hilary E
"felt very secure"
"excellent training"
"defiantly book"

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Did a charity jump on the 27th April my tandem instructor was Dave Morris if it wasn't for him I don't think I would of done it a true professional excellent guy. Not sure I would do it again though!!

1  Thank Hayesr90
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I used to say I will never skydive due to my fear for heights. Something clicked after I've split up with my ex-boyfriend and I decided that I wanted to do something crazy, something that I thought I'd never manage to do. And I figured out that I need to have an adrenaline fix.
So I invited a friend of mine to do a tandem with me. My tandem instructor was Dave and he was the most friendly person on earth. The jump out of the jet was crazy at first and fortunately my fear went away instantly. Views from above are fabulous and for that moment in life I did not need to think about anything but to live the peaceful moment :)

The whole set up is very professionally managed and from the moment you step in you get a feeling that you are in safe hands and the videos playing in the waiting area make it seem so simple and help you calm your nerves - if that's the issue.

2  Thank Charlene L
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I did a tandem skydive in aid of BLISS a couple years ago at Langar.

I was impressed with the well organised team who delivered the training and also the staff's attitude in general which made me feel more at ease with my impending terror

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have done over 350 skydives at Langar. Not quite sure how that happened, I only intended to give it a go!

The place is buzzing with so many passionate skydivers - both staff and the 'regular' skydivers are enthusiastic and in love with what they do - and they're so keen to spread the love and share their great experiences with newbies!

Yes, you often need to wait - this is the nature of the great British weather, but make the most of your visit - chat to the staff and other skydivers milling around. You'll probably get to watch some people parachute packing and witness the rather odd site of people holding hands and moving round practising for their next skydive, it's as interesting as you want it to be.

Come along and join us, we're a pleasant bunch.

2  Thank Georgie M