“Awesome”
Review of Skydive Langar

Skydive Langar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Langar is a full-time professional Skydiving Centre located at Langar Airfield close to Nottingham in the East Midlands, UK. We provide top-quality training for both Beginner and Experienced Skydivers all year round. Skydives are normally from at least 13,000ft, using our two fast 15-place turbine-powered Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft. For Beginners, Skydive Langar offers three options: our Basic Skydiving Course (using the static line system with an automatically-opened parachute), the high-adrenaline intensive Accelerated Freefall (AFF) Course, and Tandem Skydives for fun or charity - or both!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Wanted to do something different for my 30th so jumping out of an aeroplane seemed the best idea. Did the static line course on the 5th July and was allowed to do my jump on the 21st. Great instructors for both the course and on jump day, very professional to the point all my nerves disappeared. The instructor on the ground with the radio contact (Dave I think) was great. Kept me calm throughout and with his instruction I landed really well. Thanks everyone at langar for making my 30th special!!

3 Thank Kirsty S

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Great Place to be”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I first came to Langar in autumn 2008 on Bonfire night and I have found it impossible to leave since.

If you are thinking of trying a Tandem or looking for a regular drop-zone to become a skydiver langar is the place to go.

It has a friendly atmosphere, experienced professional staff and a lovely landing area so you can watch all the canopies landing.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Paul J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Charity skydive in memory of Sophie”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Watched my daughter jump out of a plane! So scary for me.... She loved it! All the staff were very professional and the instructor on the ground was fabulous to her. The guy she tandem jumped with was crackers.... But awesome ! It's a bit if a dishevelled place but is fine. Great bacon sandwiches. The only downside is having to wait around if the weather is bad . We waited a whole day and she didn't get to do it. We came back another weekend and she did it and raised about a £1,000 for Eating Disorders Charity.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hilary E
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Did a charity jump on the 27th April my tandem instructor was Dave Morris if it wasn't for him I don't think I would of done it a true professional excellent guy. Not sure I would do it again though!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hayesr90
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outrageous Fun with Skydive Langar!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I used to say I will never skydive due to my fear for heights. Something clicked after I've split up with my ex-boyfriend and I decided that I wanted to do something crazy, something that I thought I'd never manage to do. And I figured out that I need to have an adrenaline fix.
So I invited a friend of mine to do a tandem with me. My tandem instructor was Dave and he was the most friendly person on earth. The jump out of the jet was crazy at first and fortunately my fear went away instantly. Views from above are fabulous and for that moment in life I did not need to think about anything but to live the peaceful moment :)

The whole set up is very professionally managed and from the moment you step in you get a feeling that you are in safe hands and the videos playing in the waiting area make it seem so simple and help you calm your nerves - if that's the issue.

Visited November 2013