“Excellent value for your money”

Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and a good size. The water pressure was excellent and the temperature great. I like a hot shower and this place delivered. The bed was very comfortable and had good reading lights. The room itself was rather small, but its not like you need room to do aerobics or anything. It had a small closet and shelves for clothes. There was a small desk and a nice television. The overhead lights take a little time to warm up and brighten up, but once they're on a while the room is nicely lit. Excellent breakfast, lots of great food to choose from. Friendly staff. Parking was free, which is a big bonus and you're within walking distance of downtown. I recommend staying here, and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Overhead lights might take time to warm up, but they will get bright. Older hotel but rooms are clea...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know that you enjoyed your stay, especially the hotel facilities. As we are approaching the last phase of our bedroom refurbishment it is great to know that our guests are enjoying the new bedrooms!
Many thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stayed as we wre attending my Daughters hen weekend,Booked 3 twin rooms as friends and family rate as i work in a Best Western myself.Stayed in a twin room, the room was very spacious,Bed very comfy, Breakfast was nice too,none of party could fault the Hotel, tho the lift is a bit scary,( noisy and the doors opening both ways was a bit strange especiaaly when the doors opened and we were facing a brick wall)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you for your review. We are always pleased to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay with us and we are glad that we helped to make your daughters celebration enjoyable!
Thank you for letting us know about the lift; this is a technical issue that we are currently having with the lift and it is being addressed. Please be assured that it is perfectly safe.
If there is anything else that I am able to help with then please do contact me at the hotel.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed here as I had a business call in the area. The staff are lovely and very helpful but the area can only be described as poor. The hotel is quite nice but you are constantly hearing the sirens of police cars and other emergency vehicles! The communal areas are of a high standard but the bedroom was very poor. I did not sleep a wink as there was a number of springs sticking into my back all night. Breakfast was also poor. Luke warm sausages, overcooked bacon and luke warm beans. I did tell the manager and he explained that he would address the matress issue but offered no discount for the room. The company was paying and I just wanted to go but if I was paying I would have adjusted the bill. I would, however, not stay again despite the staff being so helpful as the rooms are just too uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Check the matress before you stay...and before you pay!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Cags1970
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Whilst on the positive side we are located less than a mile from the city centre of Nottingham which many guests find convenient, this does unfortunately come with some associated noise from emergency vehicles; as we are only a mile from the hospital and police headquarters.
As stated in your review I am aware of your complaint regarding your mattress, I would like to reassure you that our complete bedroom refurbishment remains on going which includes replacement of all beds and mattresses.
Thank you for your feedback also regarding breakfast. Being the most important meal of the day we always strive to serve our customers with a great quality breakfast and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that I have passed your comments on to our Chefs who will ensure that this is an isolated incident.
If you would like to discuss any of these issues further please do contact me directly at the hotel.
With Kind Regards
General Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

we have stayed at BW's all over the place for one simple reason that there is a very good basic standard through the range. same applied here good room, good breakfast. However after a three mile walk back from the cricket the last thing we needed was the bar lady 'cashing up' which menat she had her back to us for ten minutes until exasperated I went across the road to the off licence, great shame otherwise fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iantoes
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Thank you for your review - I am pleased to hear that you found the facilities at the hotel to be of a good standard and you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you by a member of bar staff; please be assured that I have taken the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again.
If there is anything further that I am able to help with then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel in May 2011 for one night as we were visiting Nottingham City Center. Hotel is well placed, free parking and on a bus route to get a bus into the centre and a very cheap £3.50 taxi ride back.
Hotel room very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was included and excellent.
My partner and I would definitely stay here again and have already booked for July for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The stay was fairly problem free, it was a bit like builders paradise which was fine as all re quite sociable.
Only had breakfast, it was ok, just your average fry up.
Decor in the room is modern and was very clean. Staff are very friendly and chatty!
The only downside is that the rooms dont have ac, and it was really warm, even with the window open, plus we were put in a room on a corridor and on one of the evenings some of the residents decided to make loads of noise, so fairly sleepless night!
When I stay in Nottingham I always stay here, but I will definately be making sure the location of the room is different next time.
Great for getting in to nottingham, 5 minutes cab drive approx £4 or lots of buses approx £2.20' probably walkable if you are in the mood.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Hotel well situated for frequent bus services into town and large free car park for guests.
Three buildings joined together are a bit of a warren and it takes a while to get used to the route to some rooms! Lift rather small and rickety for our elderly party. Restaurant staff really meant that nothing was too much for them and the chef catered well for his hungry guests with good choice of set menus and plentiful variety of vegetables.

Room Tip: Lovely large front rooms possibly rather cooler
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business