“Disappointed”

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent 2 nights at this hotel, arrived after 4pm on Saturday first impression girl at desk could have been more friendly had a face like fizz to be honest ,no info on hotel given whats so ever,. Room very small & stuffy & smelling a bit musty ,maybe that's why window was wide open when we arrived. Shower was useless. Although the room was clean bed small for a double ,it was comfy , the hotel was good location with shops & good Pub where we had lunch,the night before we arrived we stayed in a premier inn and standards and hospitality of staff were 10 times better,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review, all of your comments have been passed onto the team here and we are very grateful that you took the time to review the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It is a tired hotel with tardy staff and poor service. The fitments in the room leave a lot to be desired and the staff couldn't be less interested if they tried. After an uncomfortable night there was a mediocre breakfast. The location is poor, noisy and best avoided fiat all possible. the disabled parking is abysmal and a variety of persons strangely hanging around the rear of the hotel at night, meaning you could not leave your ground floor window ajar or anything valuable n your car. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

3 Thank Alastair1060
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us and bringing to our attention the issues you encountered during your stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I was concerned as I hadn't used this hotel chain before, however with fair reviews I thought it would be fine. Unfortunately my experience at this hotel was pretty poor. On arrival, although I didn't ask, it's usually standard to be informed of restaurant opening times, wifi, etc., however this was not explained. The receptionist informed another customer the lift was out of order. Walking in the room, it looked quite small, average interior (not somewhere I'd take a girlfriend), but clean and fine. WiFi worked, but I believe it had no security and therefore insecure. Galaxy hot chocolate was provided, which was nice. A decent hair dryer. Comfortable double bed. Night was humid and it was rather uncomfortable to sleep due to no air conditioning. In the early morning, despite asking for a quiet room away from stairs/lift, I was awoken multiple times by banging doors and creaky floorboards. The shower was extremely poor due to no water pressure and therefore unusable. I had to bath instead, which left me no time to have breakfast and nearly miss my booked taxi. I left a feedback sheet with the hotel, however I have not heard back. For these reasons, I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing the hotel regarding your recent stay at our property

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Westminster Hotel we strive every day to provide superior customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel feels and looks a bit dated all round. It is in a great location and free car parking. The room we stayed in was ok size wise and had everything expected but no air conditioning on a hot day!!!. Also needs freshening up with a bit of decorating.
I can't complain on price etc, it was value for money. Drink prices were good. Got ripped off by the taxi company that they use - D&G cars. Was going out to eat & reception booked the taxi. Told the driver where we were going, we passed the restaurant once and then he doubled back by a different route. The fare was £5.20 I gave him a ten pound note. I told him to just give me a couple of quid back, so he had a tip. Then he announced he had no change as he had only just started. By this time I was annoyed as I had already offered him a tip.I left him with the tenner. Got a black cab back and they only charged me £4.80 so you can tell how dear D&G cars are. Be aware, don't get conned like me

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We had our engagement meal here with a party of 20 and was so well looked after. The staff were brilliant and went out their way to make it special for us. I can't thank them enough for an amazing night. The food was brilliant and the room we had allowed us privacy to be away from the main restaurant together. Would recommend!!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Llthrlnd

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Unwelcoming staff on reception with an off hand attitude...no-one made eye contact the entire time. We couldn't get into the first room we were given; the key appeared not to work. When we went to tell the receptionist she said "Oh there's a knack to it!".
We were given a new room.
The room;small, pokey, dark...and the bed was a small double. Tiny door into the bathroom...at least it was clean.
We went down to eat next morning only to be told we didn't have breakfast included...we did...it took 10 minutes to convince them to check. When breakfast arrived...we wished we hadn't bothered...mean, poor quality and all in a shabby room with no atmosphere or style.
My advice...book somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank pzykit
Westminsterhotel, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014