“Great place”

Ranked #293 of 1,345 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We love this pub given the very warm welcome we've received for our family from Sergio and Natalie. They go above and beyond to make families feel welcome and go as far as providing toys for them. The garden is a great size and brilliant if you have children. They atmosphere is lovely in there as they are so hospitable. The food is great, home cooked by Sergio. My only gripe would be that as Sergio is on his own in the kitchen, we have had a wait an awfully long time for food when we've been in a party of 4 or more, despite having booked. It's a lovely place to relax and wait for food but a quicker order would have been helpful, especially when there are hungry children with the group. However the place has such a special atmosphere that I can forgive them and we continue to visit. The samba evenings are fantastic fun too. They offer something different and that makes them special.

1  Thank w080907

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great pub in Beeston! Very welcoming spacious and relaxed environment- great chilled out vibe whether you're looking to pop in during the afternoon or hang out for an evening. If you haven't been into the White Lion recently, and you're looking for somewhere new to hang out, you should give this a try. I got really bored with the same old pubs in the area (you know the ones I mean) and was really surprised I'd hadn't been in much before. They're open to families and happy to consider using the pub for different ideas or events. They're also supportive of the local music community. Other people writing reviews on here have commented on the quality of the food. I'd also say- if you're not in the mood for a beer, then try their coffee- its great! Sergio is doing great things with this place…..

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I'd been to the White Lion a few years ago and it's VERY different now - lovely atmosphere, relaxed, great bar staff and range of food and drink. One of the friendliest pubs in Beeston and nice people seem to come here too. Nice modern decor and lighting, candles in tables etc.

1  Thank justanotherjules
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really good to find a pub that does great food, good beer and is happy to welcome kids. Went here for a lunch with our son's family including their two year old. We were greeted warmly and looked after very well. Excellent burgers - on crusty french stick chunks rather than buns with a rasher of really good bacon and tangy blue cheese. Granddaughter was well satisfied with her pasta and the veggie baked butternut squash was pronounced terrific too. Gammon and fried egg showed how a pub staple can be done really well if the ingredients are good and well cooked. Puddings (chocolate brownie & a delicious apple crumble with crunchy chunks of apple in the mix) gained applause as well. The only concern? Not too many people in there on a Saturday lunch time! We hope more of the good folk of Beeston get to know about this - we want to be able to go back!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed in Beeston during a short business trip and since I arrived in the evening decided to look around for somewhere to eat. I walked past this public house twice and only decided to go in because I could not see anywhere open within a short walk.
I was expecting the normal pub filled with mid-week drinkers and serving average food but it was pretty empty except for a small group eating and drinking at the far end. the pub itself was open and welcoming and the staff were very attentive, bringing my drink over despite that fact that I was only a few feet away from the bar. The food was excellent - I had the fillet steak 'burger' (not really a burger - more of a steak sandwich with a fantastic sauce) and my only complaint was that I should have ordered two it was that nice!
Very friendly great place to eat, if I return to Beeston again (or maybe just passing through) I would definitely eat here again. Why it isn't full of locals I have no idea....eat here.

1  Thank Barry A