“Traditional Afternoon Tea For Two”

Reuben's Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 52 Coffee & Tea in Nottingham
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A great little coffee house, with the added benefit of a well stocked and quality garden centre next to it! Reuben's offers a range of locally sourced produce serving light lunches and afternoon tea. It's not the largest of venues, but is clean, bright and modern. It can sometimes be difficult to find a free table, but one usually comes available. I can heartily recommend the Afternoon Tea For Two. A lovely selection of light sandwiches, savoury treats and generous cake portions and scones. Great if you fancy a change from the high street coffee houses, or wanted to have a quiet catch up with friends.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We recently visited the adjoining nursery and decided to stop in for a coffee and slice of cake. We are very glad we did. The room is well decorated and the staff are friendly and welcoming. Food and drink are excellent and the prices are pretty good too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first visit to the coffee house and I thought that the food and cakes on offer looked delicious and excellent value for money. On this occasion we only had an Americano and a Skinny Latte but I was asked what strength I wanted the coffee and I have to say it was just as ordered and delicious. Will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wonderful fresh food. What ever you are after morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea everything is very good. Having eaten here several times can't fault the service or the food. Do try this wonderful coffee house if you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I popped in here at the tail end of opening on Sunday so there wasn't much left to choose from. It was fairly quiet though and I was amazed at the length of time it took to get served. We had three lattes, some cake and cream scones. I was queuing at the counter for 20 minutes. There were only 2 people in the queue ahead of me and as I said it was very quiet.
The lady serving was a little terse but as it was the end of the day I suppose she was tired, maybe that's why it took so long to make the coffee. Saying tat it was a good latte and the cream scone were fresh and moist.
I go to lots of garden centre cafes and this is not among the best, but if I am at Ruebens again, it's a pretty good garden centre, I would pop in to try them again.