Premier Inn Nottingham Arena (London Road) Hotel
US$80
  • Breakfast included
US$53
Agoda.com
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$61
Agoda.com
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$86
Priceline
1,085 results
All reviewscity centrebusy roadcar parkminute walkmeal dealtrain stationmain roadgreat nights sleepcooked breakfastfamily roomtrent bridgewould definitely stay here againper nightnight's sleepbudget hotelexcellent staychecking in
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here as we were attending a concert at the arena,which is only a few minutes walk from here.The hotel was fine and the staff were friendly but the restaurant was a big let down.We went for an evening meal and the food was terrible and the service very slow,would not recommend.When we went for breakfast the service was again really slow but the food was very good(different chef?).Overall rooms very clean,friendly staff,avoid the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The staff were some of the best we have encountered and were always smiling and attentive. We decided on this hotel for its closeness to the FM Arena where we were attending an event. We had a meal deal which is very good value for money. The only downside for some guests was that there didn't appear to be many staff in the kitchen and the restaurant was very busy. Some guests walked out before being served, as there was quite a wait, however, we ate when the restaurant opened at 6 o'clock and the food was very good. If you need to be somewhere at a specific time, then just make sure you eat early. One minor gripe was that parking was not free for guests, although it is only £2. Overall, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed with family, the staff were brilliant with the children. Looking out over the river at dinner is a nice touch
Hotel is very nice, family room looked as though it had been recently refurbished. Bathroom was spotless and was very quiet - we were overlooking the car park. Not sure if it would have been as quiet on the other side of the hotel.
Easy to walk into Nottingham.
If I stay in Nottingham again I would happily stay here

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst on a training course. The hotel staff were friendly and the room was spotless and smelled clean. There was no phone in the room or ironing facilities. Usually I would expect a leaflet with things to do in the area but that wasn't there either.

The evening meal was ridiculous as I had to seat myself and it took half an hour for a girl to come over with a menu and take my drink order, then 20 minutes till she came to take my meal order and a further half an hour to get my meal which was okay for a burger and chips but at 12 quid was a ridiculous price. I sat with an empty plate and cup for twenty minutes before she looked at me and I asked for the bill to which I had to get up and go pay at the till. It seemed the bar staff and the waiters were switching around constantly and seeing as there was only 10 people in the restaurant seems strange to me. It would help if the bar waitress spent more time serving and less time flirting with stag do's. I could also hear the kitchen staff shouting at each other which was not great.

When I got up in the morning again I had to seat myself however the cereal etc was all laid out and I just helped myself, due to waiting so long the night before for my meal I did not want to chance having to wait for a long period of time and miss the start of my training course that day. Charging 5.25 for a bowl of cereal a croissant, fruit and a tea was a tad pricey nevermind charging 8 pound odds for the hot breakfast. I had to go to the till again to pay for my breakfast.

Throughout the full day and night I heard nothing but door slamming and chatting of staff outside my room due to it being next to a team room. I also heard what sounded like furniture being dragged around all night in the room above me. I could hear every flush of a toilet in the rooms around me and even with the heating up full the room was cold.

When checking out the receptionist informed me the person I was meant to be sharing the room with showed up late and couldn't get into the room as I had locked it for the night so they put her in her own room which was really nice of them.

I would stay here again on a different floor and I would eat out instead of eating in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed her when working in Nottingham for a couple of days.

This hotel is really nicely done out with big, clean rooms. Great bath, shower and really comfortable bed.

The staff are brilliant. Really friendly and helpful. Unusual for a chain hotel to have staff that take such an interest in customer service. A nice welcome after travelling and a long day at work.

However, the hotel is massively let down by the restaurant. Breakfast was nice but the evening meal was terrible, both in terms of speed and quality. I was there for 2 nights and had a pre-booked meal deal. On both evenings they didn't have everything on the menu (no cheese one night....seriously..) and the service was ridiculously slow. The atmosphere wasn't helped by the fact that you could hear the kitchen staff shouting at each other while everyone sat painfully waiting for some food to be served. When food finally arrived it was very mediocre. I saw a few people sending things back. Having spent so long sitting on my own waiting, I just kept quiet and made do. Very disappointing though.

Would stay here again but would eat elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business