“Convenient for the City”

Premier Inn Nottingham Arena (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited Nottingham to attend our son's graduation at Nottingham University. We booked this hotel as we had stayed there before when visiting him and found it so convenient for the nearby city centre. There was also an element of laziness on my part; our previous experience was good, and as a Premier Inn, you can't get much better. The reception was warm and friendly, our room spotlessly clean, and the bed as comfortable as the advert. My wife specifically liked the newly installed lighted mirror by the door and she commented on the excellent quality and power of the hairdryer. She always takes her own hairdryer, and this is the first time in over 30 years of worldwide travel that she didn't have to use it. Who'd have thought Premier Inn at Nottingham Arena? The only down side was the absence of air con in our room. A hot sultry night meant I needed a window open (yes my age!) but the traffic noise, and rowdy people kept me awake until almost dawn. I don't recall outside noise during the previous stay, but on that occasion we were on the top floor and it was winter. However, that isn't the hotel's fault, I should have requested a room higher than level 3. If you are visiting Nottingham you can't go wrong here. It is 10 minutes walk to the centre, and there are so many bars and restaurants to choose from, and a wonderful canal to stroll along. The price was also the lowest we have paid in many years. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here 18-20 July in a room on the top floor. It was very hot during my stay so I had the fan on most of the time but switched it off to sleep at night. Unfortunately with the windows open there was a lot of traffic noise and drunken shouting throughout the night, which didn't make for the most peaceful night's sleep! With the windows and double glazing closed, it's much quieter and the external noise isn't noticeable.

The staff I encountered were all helpful and very friendly, fantastic - big thanks to them for their efforts. The room itself is very well appointed - I'm sure the bed in my room was a super-kingsize, so top marks there. Everything was really clean and comfortable and even the shower was good - water pressure is usually a low point at Premier Inns I've stayed at previously.

Location-wise, the hotel is a 10-min walk from Nottingham station, another 10-min from the Lace Market area or the city centre, and about a 15-min walk from Nottingham Castle.

So overall, all good - just beware the noise if you stay in hot weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here on the 8th of July and it was lovely. I arrived quite late and staff were really friendly. My room was lovely and modern. Great shower, nice big bed. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sjh-1728
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were a group of lads attending the test match at Trent Bridge , booked twin rooms and was delighted to discover room had twin beds not usual sofa put up. On arrival to our room a loud rumbling noise occured regularly and I quickly realised it was the hotel entrance automatic glass sliding doors directly below ! Nightmare , all night long the doors were opening and closing along with guests arriving back very late all night. This room was 102 and when I politely complained I was offered an immediate refund and it was acknowledged this was a regular problem with room 102 . Real shame as location great , lovely updated room with great TV and power shower , just ask to go high ! Staff a credit to Premier Inn

Room Tip: Avoid room 102 like the plague and ask for a high room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nick7p
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was hugely impressed with this Premier Inn - nothing was too much trouble for the staff both in the restaurant and reception.
The rooms have been nicely refurbished.
Location is handy for football (both grounds), cricket and various pubs/restaurants. We walked to Trent Bridge for the cricket.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

New rooms now in the hotel and the staff were very helpful and attentive. Good soundproofing even though at the side of a busy road best is the car park side though. Some premier inns have very standard food but this one is well above the average.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the London road premier in as part of my partner's 30th birthday. The staff were all friendly, rooms were comfortable and cooked breakfast was very good. Parking was adequate for location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends