“Just one night”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Chester, United Kingdom
“Just one night”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed for just one night on a weekend. From the car park it seemed full/busy but we had no problem with noise and hardly saw anyone else. Seemed to be mostly families and older couples. Everything was up to the normal Premier in standard. The front desk staff were helpful. The pub next door was nice, which is where they also do breakfast if you added it (we did not) The front desk advised it would be about £7 for a taxi to the city centre but again we did not use it after all.

We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Eastbourne
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Lives up to most of the advertising you see.Cheerful helpful reception,clean comfortable bed & room ,with bathroom en suite, which I like.
Rooms with wiFi, but old TV'S need to be changed to multi channel FLAT screen.Heating adjustable & good,however lighting on the dim side, particularly in the bathroom.Check bedside bulbs have been replenished!
Noise level from the first floor is noticeable if you are on the ground floor, so future booking would be requested on top floor!
Parking good & on regular bus route to town.
Would probably use again as booked on line, (well in advance) & special rates of £23/head per night VERY REASONABLE FOR OCTOBER!

Room Tip: Top floor only as quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
reading
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 3 night stay and happy to recommend to anyone looking for good no frills accommodation at highly competitive rates - we paid just £19 per night for the Thursday and Friday! Comfortable bed and plenty of hot water for baths/showers. 30 mins free Wifi each day was an additional bonus. Booked room at the back after reading reviews so were not troubled by road noise. However, poor soundproofing meant we could hear people talking in the corridor and using the shower in the next room. Luckily our neighbours respected the late night courtesies so not too much of a problem on this occasion. Very good continental breakfast at the adjacent Fayre and Square, and dinner on first night also ok. Best feature of this hotel for us was its location. 20 mins by bus into Nottingham. 10 min walk into the town of Arnold with plenty of shops, including large Sainsbury's (serving great alternative breakfast) and very good Weatherspoon's. One of the highlights of our stay was a day in Southwell - 16 miles north - where we visited the NT workhouse and the unexpectedly magnificent cathedral.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have just returned from an extended trip which included 2 nights at the Premier Inn Daybrook Nottingham.
The room was available early and was no problem.I found it to be to a good stsndard and the Staff both friendly and helpful.
Clean and functional as expected and maintained correctly.
Breakfast in the on-site "Old Spot" was fine and again the staff were most accommodating.
One of the better Premier Inns in the area.

Room Tip: Some road noise is unavoidable to the front of the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have just returned from my 8th stay in this wonderful hotel. As you can imagine by now they really know me. Easy to find always good parking and a great restaurant next to this hotel. I prefer to have a ground floor room and and this has been put on the system. On my first visit I was on an upper floor, and to be honest I did find the lift a little small and did rattle a tad. The rooms are always very clean and so comfortable. The staff always have extra teabags and milk waiting for me. They are all stars in my eyes. This may be a budget hotel but it is on a par with many four star hotels that I have ever stayed in. I often strike lucky with their regular special offers. And for a special restaurant near by I would visit Emilios Greek Restaurant a 3 min taxi ride away in High Street Arnold. Not just Greek food he offers so much more. Trust me both hotel and restaurant are little gems.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

we visit on several occassions to visit family nearby, I am a foster carer and I often have to phone and say I am bringing 2 children instead of one or to let them know I only need one single bed made up instead of two they are very accomadating to my requirements.
The staff could not be more friendly or helpful, Thank you looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Was here in Aug. no airconditioning. Way to hot and stuffy. No amenities at hotel. No telephone in room. Their reason was because it was on the first floor. Are you kidding me????? They only give you 30 mins of free Wi-Fi. Then cost £

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple