“Excellent place to stay....”

Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very nice hotel at affordable price. well organized and very friendly staffs. More than i expected. If I am back to this area , will definitely stay here. overall Excellent hospitality. Keep Up guys... Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Highly recommended. Give a try if you wanna a room in affordable price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pravinskumar

Reviewed 27 June 2014

well organised, friendly reception staff.
clean modern spacious rooms.
but the best part is the beds - very comfortable, excellent duvet and pillows and the staff.
Best night sleep away from home. highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Magnet01
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently experienced this hotel and I have to say I was completely satisfied. The rooms are very clean and fresh, staff very helpful and friendly. Lady at the desk was chatty and lovely (Adriana/ Andrea if my memory serves me right)?
I will stay here again, without a doubt!

Room Tip: room 102- excellent
Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Daniel F
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent location, very central with clean and comfortable rooms. Don't expect the Ritz, but if you are on a budget, this is the place to stay in the area. Staff were friendly and helpful. The air-con needs a bit of work though... got slightly warm. Overall an excellent stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Siddarth D
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a delightful hotel.. one of those rare major city hotels that feels welcoming, spacious and clean.The staff were excellent that I had encountered. Overall good value for money. My only gripe was it was bit hot.May be its me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MAN2MAA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From December 2013 to April 2014 I worked in Nottingham staying at several travelodges. I have to say that Nottingham central was by far the best of the lot. The hotel is situated in a great location, within close proximity to Victoria central shopping centre and many other shops, bars and public transport. I was greeted friendly by the receptionists who were smartly dressed. During my visits I stayed in several different rooms that were fresh smelling, spotless and well decorated. There was a bath in the rooms as well as showers in which I was very pleased with as I like to shower in the mornings and relax in the bath in the evenings and the TVs were of good size too. There is a bar and restaurant on site that is also well furnished with delicious food. The only downside to the hotel is that there is no on site parking but the other facilities well make up for it. If I should ever have to stay over in Nottingham again, this hotel will be my first choice.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank troy s
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The good - The location was decent, the bed was comfortable and the towels provided were very nice. There was some mention in the other reviews of noise, but we didn't experience any problems with this. The bad - The staff ranged from indifferent to rude, the breakfast was average and very overpriced. There is no luggage storage of any kind available. There is a much smaller selection of TV channels than what is typically available. I found a hair in the shower, and the room was quite hot, with no air conditioning or opening windows. The have two lifts, but only one of them was working for the duration of our stay, and it is very slow. On balance, the good points are not enough to cancel out the bad points and I definitely would not stay at a Travelodge again, not even for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review Dani096. We are very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay. We would expect our staff members to be polite and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times so it is regrettable to learn that you did not receive a good welcome from our staff. We also require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned to our high standards. Furthermore, not all our hotels have air conditioning as part of our brand standard, however fans are available from reception on a first come first serve basis. The hotel will be made aware of the feedback that you have left which will help support any improvements that need to be made.