“Great Value for Money”

Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very good hotel in a good location. Staff we're very friendly. On arrival they advised the rooms were hot and that there was a fan in the room but if we needed more then to let them know. I have top say I have now stayed in a few Travelodge hotels and have never been dissapointed. They do exactly what they say, If you need to spend a night in a city and would rather spend your hard earned cash enjoying it rather than spending a fortune on a room you will probably only spend a few waking hours then Travelodge hotels are always a good option

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel will have a good view of Nottingham Castle
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jasonwoodhouse

Reviewed 7 August 2014

new carpet,new bed,bath in room so a much more comfortable stay.not quite a premier inn but its cheaper. slept much better as rooms are now quadruple-glazed which keeps heat out.pop into ned ludd pub next door for great beers.

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel avoid sunshine
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank davehawyes
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Despite the fact that this hotel hasn't been updated yet the rooms are clean and spacious with tea and coffee making facilities and a hot shower ... everything you need really!

The comments about the heat are accurate, it was incredibly hot in the lift and corridors, at least in the room we could open a window.

The noise level for us was fine but my parents stayed on the same night in another section of the hotel and said that their window was above a noisy nightclub meaning they didn't get much sleep. Definitely luck of the draw where you are placed as a busy City Centre will never be silent.

Went down for breakfast (extra charge but all you can eat and drink with plenty of options) and the receptionist was incredibly helpful. She said we couldn't store our bags at the Travelodge for the day but recommended the lockers at the bus station which are cheap and easy to get to so we could ditch our bags there and go shopping.

Overall I was impressed ... and at £36 per room per night you'll hear no complaints from me!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank NorthernM307
Reviewed 4 August 2014

we recently stayed here and as soon as we entered the room we had to strip to our underwear as the heat just hit you. they have recently had triple glazing fitted and this has made the room temperature and the lift temperature unbearable. we had no sleep due to the heat of the room ( outside it was cool and raining ). the staff are great and very professional though as we had to go to reception in the middle of the night to buy water to cool down and the member of staff offered us a fan which helped. i wouldn't recommend this hotel until the this temperature issue is resolved

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
3  Thank WayneL70
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Wife and I arrived 2/8/14. Very disappointed with room 810. Basic design and most unwelcoming. We reported our concern of overprice to Reception. Staff said price of rooms (normally £45) are raised at weekends to £78. Room was way too hot. Had to have windows open all through the night to keep cool. The adjacent pub is open until way into the early hours and plays incredibly loud music, so all in all very little chance of sleep. Also, there was no-one manning the breakfast counter and we had to wait about 8 minutes to be given our plates and utensils for the self service buffet... Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank David E
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Thank goodness for my sat nav.Being very central the only sign was to look up and see Travel Lodge on the side of the building. My sat nav lead me to the back of Travel Lodge, and a pay and display car park, It would be a great bonus if Travel Lodge had a deal with the owners, to allow visitors a pass to this facility. The front of the hotel was at street level which lead to stairs or two lifts to the first floor and reception. Once in the hotel the level of service and rooms was excellent, clean and spacious, though very warm. The Hotel was very conveniently placed for my needs. The food was very hot and fresh, and I enjoyed, both the evening meal and the all you can eat breakfast. The breakfast was great value for money, and there was a large choice. All in all a good place to stay. I found the staff very helpful, with nothing too much trouble, they actually seemed pleased to help with a request. 10 out of 10 for their attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
4  Thank Lornad01
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It is the very first time I leave a review on Trip advisor! I believe this hotel needs to be better advertised at it really is amazing value for money! Clean and comfortable, with a bar and breakfast area, big rooms, fluffy beds and shower gel and shampoo available. The lady at reception, Andrrea was very helpful and treated us with warm attitude and constantly smiling. I needed to make an important phone call and ran out of battery on my phone, she offered me her own charger. I then realised I was out of credit and panicking, the lady gave me her personal phone to use at my own leisure! I recommend this place in all honesty.

Room Tip: choose lower floors as they are not as hot
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends