Jurys Inn Nottingham
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
2,760 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centrecar parkminute walktrent bridgemotorpoint arenastag dobusiness tripexcellent hotelgood sizewould stay againshort stayone night staysaturday nightcomfy bedbar areagood nights sleep
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and never have the beds been on wheels! when sitting up in bed you couldn't lean agains the wall as the bed moved a meter away from the wall to resolve this we had to use the spare pillows to put under the far-end wheels to try and stop it from moving ! Also dangerous as when we first arrived we sat on the bed as we sat on it it moved and my partner almost feel in the floor ! in the morning we had the do not disturb and a cleaner knocked and waited a few seconds and then let me self i was not happy with this as I was getting dressed and she did not allow enough time for my partner to answer the door overall I will not stay here again !

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for one night when attending a gig at the arena. The hotel is in a good location, a short walk from the station and less than 10 minutes on foot to the arena. I was concerned by the big groups of lads checking in at the same time but was not disturbed at all by noise during my stay. My room (1108) had great views over the city and was a corner room with no neighbours, hence very quiet, but it was also incredibly cold. I had the air heater set as high as it would go but could not get the room to a comfortable temperature(and it was very noisy indeed when running).

There was a similar problem with the shower - even with the dial on the hottest possible setting it was no better than tepid. There's a lack of attention to detail in the bathrooms. The shower head was mounted directly onto the wall so high up that I could not reach it to direct its spray appropriately. The shampoo was supplied in a pump dispenser mounted onto the wall in a poor position so that the shower spray washed the shampoo out of my hand before I could use it. The towels are extremely small and I don't like hairdryers where you have to keep your finger on the button to be able to dry your hair. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that. Only one person serving at the bar when we got back after the gig so the service was pretty slow.

Overall I would say that the hotel was cheap and in a good location and I slept pretty well in a comfortable bed. However for a similar price you can get much nicer rooms in the Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors seem to be quieter but if you have a corner room it may be cold.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

the staff were friendly and the bedrooms were good the room was larger and a view of the city
it was 15min walk to the centre of town and idea for our trips out
the choice of food evening dinner could have had a better choice
also half hour on looking e mails could have been free like some hotels
the hotel was very busy
well done tony mbe

Room Tip: 507 was a good room with a view and a good shower
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

First time staying at a jury's inn I would place it in between a travelodge and a holiday inn. Reception was very friendly and helpful. Room is basic but very clean and has everything you need. Is 3 min walk to station and 15 min walk to city centre or 2 min tram ride. Would definitely stay again for a cheap overnight stay in Nottingham.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed for a single night in Jan 2014 as I was meeting a work colleague in Nottm. the hotel is only 250m from the train station on the corner of a main road. The foyer is really nice and professional looking, the reception staff were very friendly and took note of the special request for my room which is a plus.
The room is standard, double bed, TV with freeview, nice bathroom and everything you would expect for a room of this level of quality. Nothing special but perfectly acceptable.
Breakfast in the morning was really nice, a great mix of self service products with the english breatfast being particualrly nice and well cooked. the restaurant was a very nice place to be with lots of space between the tables etc giving you plenty of room.
When in Nottm I will book at the Jurys Inn again without hesitation.
Everything about the hotel is perfectly nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less chance of noise from the main road and train station, both of which are very close.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business