“Slightly dissappointed”

Jurys Inn Nottingham
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here last Sunday evening. My family were attending the Outlaw Tri to watch my son. I booked this as I recently visited Liverpool Jurys Inn and was very impressed with the hotel, staff and restaurant. On arrival the hotel looks new and impressive on the outside with a good location. The guy on reception greeted us told us where the room was and that was it. No other information offered. The corridors had not been hoovered and had bits of paper here and there. The room itself was clean and adequate for our stay. I have to say that this particular hotel in the chain did not live up to the one in Liverpool.
The information booklet says ice on every floor. This was not the case and my husband had to go down to the bar, the machines had been removed. On departure on the Monday we did encounter either the manager or his assistant and he was very pleasant and courteous to us offering us tea or coffee and had a friendly smile.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jurys_Inns, Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Jean S,

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls during your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not how we operate and we pride ourselves on the high levels of customer service we offer to our guests. I would welcome a further in-depth discussion about your stay so I may investigate it further.

cyril_laffan@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,519)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed in the hotel for to nights and overall a pleasant stay. The hotel has excellent views of Nottingham and closed to the town and train station. The hotel staff are warm and friendly and would definitely recommend the breakfast buffet, even had black pudding, yum! Only issue was the noise on the first night as people were coming back at all hours and banking doors and talking loudly throughout the night. Not really fault of hotel but did request a room away from hen and stag does. Notified the manager the following morning and was extremely helpful and re-roomed us to the 11th floor and arranged for someone to move out belongings up there to. Had a lovely night sleep in a room with excellent facilities, and comfy bed, could have done with a few more plug sockets nearer the bed though. Overall highly recommend the hotel but be careful a lot of stag and hen parties visit it as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the top of the hotel for better night sleep.

Dear James P

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and will be sure to pass on these comments to the Food and Beverage team.

Whilst I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed by other guests on your first night I am glad that this was remedied to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again and please feel free to send me an e-mail should you wish to return to Jurys Inn Nottingham and I will personal ensure you stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel in July 2014. Considering the youthfulness of this hotel, it had been fitted out by someone whose design inspiration was routed in the 90s tv show Changing rooms. The whole setting felt cheap, worn and tired. The sheets, although clean were torn and strained, the double bed was more like a 3/4. The only thing that looked new and undamaged was the bible in the drawer. The romantic get away was rather lost among the maroon setting. Carol Smiley would have frowned.

Room Tip: If you like seeing people with fighting dogs, get a canal view.

Dear w f

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

We do welcome all feedback and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to contact me directly via email or through the hotels main telephone line, 01159016700.

We are currently undergoing a light refurb and we are scheduled and full refurbish in the near future.

Please feel free to send me an e-mail should you wish to return to Jurys Inn Nottingham and I will personal ensure you stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed for one night and was on the 11th floor but was greeted with a fantastic view over the city centre . Even better with a superb sunset!. Room was spotless and being a hot day was an oasis to return to the air conditioning. The hotel was ideal for me getting from the railway station and a short stroll to the trams. Didn't eat at the hotel but the prices looked reasonable. Would certainly use this hotel again. The summer deal made it excellent value as well.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor to the front of the hotel for views of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kerry B

Dear Kerry B

I was delighted to be able to share your review with our team and even more pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next stay in Nottingham.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was greeted by a very courteous man on reception who dealt with my check in. My room was on the tenth floor and it had plenty of space to put things. The water pressure of the shower was not as strong as I had liked it to be. The socket for the table lamp was a bit dodgy, because my phone wouldn’t fully charge.The breakfast was really good with both a hot and cold selection to choose from. Dinner was really well presented and very enjoyable. The overall appearance of the hotel from the outside and inside was lovely, bright and spacious. The view from my room was even better because of the nice hot weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Jurys_Inns, Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear MaxiMuscleGirl

I was delighted to read your review of our hotel and it paints a picture that I would like to think we deliver to our guests. I will be sure to pass on your review to my team and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

On your next visit please e-mail me directly and I will personal ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Jurys Inn on Sunday night after a cracking day at the cricket at Trent Bridge.

The first issue is the parking for the hotel. It's clear from their website that parking is a bit of a pain - apparently one of the car parks recommended has a shuttle bus but we opted to park in the rather cleaner looking station MSCP. Incidentally Sunday lunchtime to check out before 11am on Monday was only £6 which was very reasonable. Do not walk through the station to the hotel - too many stairs when carrying luggage. Instead head towards Hooters at the end of the road and cross the bridge - it's a much quicker route.

One thing to note as well at the moment is that there are road closures affecting some access to the road the hotel is on which is not straightforward for out of towners like us or even local taxi drivers who struggled to access it too.

The hotel itself has a very clean frontage and courtyard and reception is easy to find and access. Staff were very friendly and helpful on check in.

On arrival at our room I was a little bit surprised by how basic it was compared to others chain hotels we've stayed in. There was no fridge or mini bar facility, no in room safe and even the bedding, though clean and good quality was a bit plain and uninteresting, I don't recall seeing any wall decorations other than a mirror.

Facilities as described on the welcome brochure were a bit lacking - no sign of the promised ice machines in the lift lobbies on floors 5 or 6 but never mind. I was also surprised to see no 24 hour food offering from the menu in the room. Considering how little was open close to the hotel - most station shops/cafes etc were closed when we were coming back from Trent Bridge around 6pm and no obvious local shops/takeaways etc nearby - I'm surprised they don't offer this.

The room was otherwise clean and pleasant and I was very impressed with the air conditioning. It was an extremely hot day and evening and the air-con was so good that I actually had to turn it off as it had gotten a little bit too chilly even for us! This was a definite plus point compared to other rival chains where the air-con might as well not be there at all.

Toiletries are frankly awful. I can understand the savings to be made by having fixed bottles rather than miniatures that guests will inevitably take with them but the shampoo especially was very poor. Unusually for me I had forgotten to pack mine and I was left with the sensation of having washed my hair in hand soap which was rather unpleasant.

The bed itself and the pillows were very comfortable. TV channel selection is good and basic tea and coffee making facilities are provided.

Sound from the main road outside didn't bother us but for light sleepers it might be best to request a room away from the road. It was a Sunday night and at 4am a group of people were outside enjoying themselves rather noisily. Again, I slept through it but others might not.

Breakfast the following morning was far better than most we've had at other chains of late. The full English selection was very tasty and hot - the hot bit being the most surprising aspect of all. The cold selection was also very good with a nice variety of fruits, cereals, yogurts and breads/pastries to choose from. From where I sat I believe porridge was also being served with a choice of maple syrup or honey - not something I've seen elsewhere. Coffee from the machine is pretty bitter though but the tea is absolutely fine.

Throughout the staff were exceptionally friendly and professional without being overbearing or patronising but this echoes all the experiences we've had with Jurys,

Overall this is slightly more basic than our preferred Novotels but for the price paid it's definitely somewhere I would book again as it has a great location for the station, tram and buses. It's a bit further away than some from the city centre but nothing more than a £4.40 taxi ride away from the Corner House. Convenient, friendly and clean sums it up best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road if you're a light sleeper.

Dear Layabubble

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review. It is fantastic to read such a frank and honest opinion of the hotel. I will be sharing this with the team and passing the points you raised to see where improvements can be made.

Should you wish to discuss it further with me then please contact me via email on cyril_laffan@jurysinns.com and I will call you directly.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently we spent six nights in the Jury's Inn in Nottingham on a bed and breakfast basis, the hotel is located a short walk from the train and bus station also only a few minutes walk to the city centre.could not fault this hotel in any way ,most helpful from the reception to all other staff,would stay in this hotel any time we are visiting Nottingham in the future.

Room Tip: If you like a nice view from your room then ask for a room from the fifth floor upwards.did not have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gerry M

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hotel was adequate for your needs.

Please feel free to send me an e-mail should you return to Jurys Inn Nottingham and I will personal ensure you stay is an enjoyable one.