“Cheap and cheerfull, but surprisingly great value”

Jurys Inn Nottingham
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked this hotel very last minute just to save myself a taxi ride home after a night out. It is just a few minutes walk from the train station and therefore perfect for anyone going for a night out in Nottingham who may have missed their train.

The rooms are huge, and the beds are very comfy. The service at the hotel was great. After the bar closed, the staff still had a couple of drinks made up for me and charged to my room, and the front desk staff even came up to my room with a phone charger after digging one out for me.

1  Thank Am0Ch0
Jurys_Inns, Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Am0Ch0

Thank you for your review of our hotel and I will be sure to pass on your review to our team.

When you next visit us please be sure to send me an email and I will be more than happy to personally look after your reservation

cyril_laffan@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,609)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I decided to stay in a hotel as I was coming to the final stages of clearing my own house for building repairs. I chose Jurys Inn from a trip advisor search. I was very satisfied and am booking for a week later in October.
Rooms are spacious and very clean and the tea and coffee making facility is great. Slim line tv and comfy beds, super.
Breakfast was wonderful and much variety. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was made all the better with the bubbly "Glorious" Gaynor, seeing to all the guest as if they were her own close friends. First class attention.

Room Tip: I thing the higher floors offer a quieter stay. Also the views are reasonable for a city hotel
1  Thank Andrew C

Dear Andrew C

Thank you so much for such a positive review of our hotel. It was great to ready that our colleague Gaynor surpassed your expectations and I will be sure to pass on this feedback to her.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed there for a stag do only to b woke up at 4am by some black guy wiv a towel or something covering most of his face as the fire alarms where goin off as u can imaging it was quite scary not knowing if it was someone comin to rob u or something then the staff did not even apologise all they did was put a little sign up some guest didn't even get woke up they were still in bed while alarms were going off 1st n last time I stop there they've not even got a car park you have to go right round on another rd n pay £14 for the night my advise would b to stop somewhere else

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Tom G

Thank you for your review and please except our personal apologies for the incident that occurred in our hotel.

This incident was very challenging for the team who were involved and please except my personal apologises if you feel we were not up to standard on this occasion. This was an incident that was totally out of our control and is now in the hands of the police who are carrying out the necessary actions.

I am truly sorry for the disruption caused and the overall experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person and explain the situation.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Nottingham, as I am confident you will notice a marked improvement. Please contact me directly and I will personally ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently stayed in the Jury's inn for 2 nights on a Friday/Saturday night to celebrate my stag do with friends. Having used this hotel before and being aware of the location and the reasonable prices there was no reason for us not to stay there during this visit. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is a little expensive in my opinion so we did not add it to our booking as there are plenty of local places to eat nearby. There are a number of stag/hen-do's that use this hotel so there may be a little bit of noise from time to time but we experienced no issues during our visit or any previous visits. The hotel location is a 5/10 minute walk from the city centre and is probably the same sort of the distance from the cities sporting venues. All in all a good solid v good hotel that i will definately use and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent 5 days based here recently and found the hotel just perfect, rooms were clean, air conditioned and plenty room. The restuarant was spacious and the food was very good. All the staff were polite, courteous and friendly and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room met all our needs and presume all rooms would be the same
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I liked that the room for 3 people had a decent bed instead of a sofa bed. The hotel was clean and the location was quite close to train station but it was not very central. The breakfast was quite good though a bit expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice hotel. Exactly what I have come to expect from a Jurys Inn. Clean and tidy. Buffet breakfast with reasonable choice of items. Dinner was nice. Staff very attentive, friendly and polite. A few minutes walk from the station and shopping. Only one major issue - the lack of parking facilities. Hotel suggests guests park in the parking provided for the main station which costs a lot if you are staying for a few days. You then have a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel with luggage, elderly relatives and children in tow possibly! There is parking outside the hotel for drop offs and after 8pm you can park for free until 8am. But suffice to say over my 2 night stay, it felt like a game of musical chairs. If I am travelling by car, I would not choose this hotel to stay in when visiting Nottingham purely because of the parking. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the courtyard may be preferable.

Dear Pipinha63

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and the services we offer in the building.

With regards to your feedback about the parking offered at the hotel. We do have a working partnership with the Parc Centre who are on Queens Road (NG2 3AS), and if requested they do operate a shuttle service to and from the car park at no extra cost.

Please feel free to send me an e-mail should you wish to return to Jurys Inn Nottingham and I will personal ensure your stay is an enjoyable one. I will also arrange for our complementary transfer to and from the hotel for you.