“Good City Centre Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
kent
“Good City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for 1 night in August 14, as we were attending an event at the local Aquatic Centre.
The hotel was easy to find, and parking although not on site was just over the bridge ( no more than a 3 minute walk away).
Reception was extremely busy as we arrived as the event had finished and all the people were using this hotel. Although we were not kept waiting for long, and the arrival was swift and polite.
The bedroom was well equipped and clean.
We stayed on floor 10, so had a great view of Nottingham.
We ate out in town for the evening meal, but we did have breakfast. This was buffet style. There was a large choice, and was both fresh and hot. The staff were continually replacing food & drink.
All in all a good hotel for Nottingham city centre.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mandybkent
Jurys_Inns, Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear mandybkent

I was delighted to read your review of our hotel and will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

cyril_laffan@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
dronfield
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was invited to a stag weekend and Jurys was the allocated accommodation. I hadn't stayed with this chain before and knew very little about them so went with an open mind.
I was pleasantly surprised - whilst busy and buzzing at check in Friday teatime, there were no delays, plenty of staff available and they worked efficiently to deal with everyone swiftly. The only criticism was that they didn't advise that breakfast was included, nor the opening times, but I could have asked myself and thiswass a relatively small failing.
The room was larger than expected with a double & single bed in there. My sleep on both nights were sound - a comfortable bed, choice of pillows, warm enough, good ventilation, no road noise at back of building, looking at the railway station.
As mentioned already, this was a stag w/e and there were other similar groups staying at the same time. However, there were families with young children and couples in the breakfast buffet too.
The location was a bit out of town but that allowed for a car park on the other side of the railway bridge signed as 'Jurys Hotel Parking' at £18 for Friday to Sunday 1pm, come and go. Not too bad for the location but I think unrelated to the hotel, just nearby. The walk over the bridge with large luggage would be troublesome for some visitors I think, particularly if raining.

All in all, I felt welcome and comfortable during my stay, and would use hotel again if in Nottingham.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear jaks18

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

We take great pride in being able to host various groups in the hotel and strive to deliver a bespoke service to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having never stayed in a jurys inn before i had high expectations, how wrong was I. Firstly their website makes no mention of road closure by the entrance so i had to work out how to get round another way as the sat nav route was the blocked one, therefore i was delayed and arrived at 9 40 to be told I had 10 mins to order food. So rushed upstairs and back down only to have 2 staff debating the lateness of my order, ironically the food then took 25 mins to arrive. Parking by the way is nowhere near the hotel and again the directions were poor
When checking in i was given a letter inviting me to drinks with the management 4 hours before i arrived, where was the communication between mgmt and reception to say don't give these out for late guests. My room had 3 big black stains on the carpet which a quality hotel would have not accepted, the double glazing was useless with a dual carriageway below and the bathroom was just not modern although clean. The food was very overpriced for such a hotel so despite having a voucher i chose to eat out on night 2
Overall not what I expected and my recent stays in Ibis and premier inn were so much better and so much cheaper. No more Jurys inn for me

Room Tip: Stay in a budget chain instead
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Buckieboy
Dear Buckieboy

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to read your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss further should you wish to do so.

There are a lot of regeneration works going on throughout the city centre of Nottingham currently thus making it difficult for a lot of road travellers to navigate throughout the city. That said, we have staff on our reception 24 hours a day who would be happy to assist our guests in driving to the hotel. All you need to do is dial 01159016700 (opt 5) to be put through to a member of the team.

We have a very strong relationship with the Parc Centre who we recommend and offer 24 hour secure parking to our guests, which is 2 minutes from the hotel. They are located on Queens Road (NG2 3AS) and do offer a shuttle service for our guests when book in advance. To avail of this service in future please just contact the hotel reception who will be happy to book this for you.

I would like to stress and reassure you that this is not typical of the level of service that we provide to our guests here at Jurys Inn Nottingham.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Nottingham, as I am confident you will notice a marked improvement. Please contact myself directly and I will personally ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Dodford
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Nottingham holds the honour of being the only place in the world where someone tried to mug me. It was a half hearted attempt that fizzled out but, there you go.

Jury's Inn Nottingham. Pleasant, clean, well stocked bar, goo breakfast and polite service. No car park, which is a negative.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jon S
Dear Jon S

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and I was glad that we were able to offer a safe haven.

Should you wish to return to Nottingham then please contact me directly and I will personally book you in.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The rooms seem fairly new with very comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The rooms are fairly clean, the only complaint is the carpets need a good cleaning but are tolerable. Most of the staff seems friendly although there have been a couple that seem short tempered. We had an ongoing key card problem and it was starting to be a hassle. We ate in the restaurant. The breakfast is pretty good with an assortment of dishes. Dinner is a little bland but I am not used to english food.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cori R

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We at Jurys Inn Nottingham strive to ensure that all our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is obvious from reading your feedback that during your stay this did not happen, and for that I am sorry.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back as I am confident you will notice a marked improvement. Please contact myself directly and I will personally ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I traveled to Nottingham for a conference and after a long flight from the United States, and a train trip from London, the location of this hotel was a sight for sore eyes. In short walking distance from the train station, the Jurys Inn is a clean, inexpensive hotel. The front desk manager was not super helpful, but was polite and provided us an opportunity to purchase our breakfast for the next morning. The rooms are small by American standards, but I found them to be clean, pleasant, and well-lit. The walls were a bit thin, and we had some loud neighbors! The breakfast buffett in the morning was absolutely delicious and I highly recommend it. Overall, the stay was satisfying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vskeadle
Dear vskeadle

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Nottingham. Please contact myself directly and I will personally ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one night while at Nottingham, Colwich Park for horse racing. We had room 715 and while it was over the entrance with not much of a view, the room was large with a desk and 2 chairs. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The shower was weak unless you wanted it cold then it had good pressure but it got us clean. Large bathroom too. We passed on breakfast as it wasn't included in our rate which was less than £50 through Expedia. All of the staff we met were friendly, without exception and when we requested a taxi we were given two £1 vouchers for money off the fare.

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for an East facing room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear garstonian

I was delighted to read your review of our hotel and especially pleased that you were able to avail of one of our room deals.

I will ensure that your room is looked at by the maintenance manager and thank you for raising that to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Nottingham very soon.
On your next visit please e-mail me directly and I will personal ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.