“Good food, good beer and good service!”
Review of The Willowbrook

The Willowbrook
Ranked #205 of 1,338 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've now been to 2 Ladies Nights and a Curry Night and have been thoroughly impressed with this place. The food is beautifully cooked and presented and the choice of beers great. Every visit the staff have been efficient, friendly, helpful and smiling despite some odd requests and a few bouts of girlie rowdiness. For me they've got all the aspects right and this is reflected in the number of people in there AND the range of people in there. The chefs and staff are a credit to you.

1  Thank Lucy D

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I went to Ladies night (last Wed of the month), chalkboard menus replaced with a set menu - 5 starters, mains and puds £10 for 2 courses. Lots of groups of ladies plus couples, families and dogs (outside!). Service excellent. We shared green/black olives with balsamic dip and 4 different types of fresh warm bread (£1.95 add on). Starters of homemade fish cakes/fried mozzarella balls and tomato chutney. Mains a perfectly cooked burger and the best thing I've eaten in a long while: Cajun chicken breast with sweet potato fries, salad and homemade coleslaw. All perfectly cooked, great service and of course their amazing choice of interesting beer. Excellent!

1  Thank walsh366
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Im so pleased this pub opened and it's in walking distance from my house. It's dog friendly and how good is this. It's very clean, modern and friendly place where staff can't do enough for you. There's two outside sitting areas, one out the front and one to the rear. There's a pull down sky to watch sports, formal dining areas with comfortable sitting areas with sofas in the bar area. We visit every week and with ladies nights, quiz and curry nights including reasonably priced trips away.

Lets hope we all visit to keep this gem of a pub open. They also run a reward card system and are so much more friendlier than the bread and bitter at mapperley top. ( same chain of pubs).

2  Thank Nadine M
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We passed on a Saturday after shopping we all ate and the food was great really recommend the fish finger sandwich! Really good choice of beer because it's a castle rock pub food menu limited but very tasty defiantly will be returning

1  Thank rebecca s
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Latest addition to the Castle Rock stable, the Willowbrook raises the profile of Gedling. There's a great range of ales, beers, wines, spirits and all the meals that came out looked and smelled wholesome. We were especially tempted by the Bubble & Squeak, which is the first I've seen available north of Watford for breakfast and it was wonderful - generous portions, piping hot, cooked to perfection and served by very helpful staff. If I'd had my phone on me, I would've taken a picture! There was a wide age range eating & drinking here, which reflects its history as a people 's club I guess and I hear that the renovation work to the building has really improved the whole place, which is roomy, comfortable & nicely decorated. So - a great local all round, dogs welcome too - we'll be back for more beer & food..

2  Thank Sue S