“What happened?”

Add it.
The Living Room Nottingham
Ranked #83 of 134 Nightlife in Nottingham
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

5 or 6 years ago this was the best cocktail bar in nottingham. Bar none. It really seemed one of few places that had truly skilled bartenders and not minimum wage students making drinks. It seems they have changed tack and it's a shame. The things that stood this place apart have slowly vanished. While still Ok, it's nothing like it used to be. It's a little pricey, but used to worth it as you felt your cocktails were being made by a professional who genuinely cared. Not so sure now.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to The Living Room several times with friends to "kick off" my evenings out and regularly find myself disappointed by the disgraceful customer service, however, my last visit was the worst. After waiting over half an hour at the bar (confirmed by another group also waiting as long) whilst others who had only just arrived being served in front of ourselves, I was greeted (or should I say grunted at) by a less than cheerful barman. I politely asked for two drinks, believing he hadn't heard me the first time I repeated myself a little louder. He very rudely replied he was waiting for my please!!! Although many customers around me confirmed I had in fact used my P's and Q's as required he then proceeded to explain I was now being sarcastic. I apologised although I was absolutely no way in the wrong but I was beginning to lose hope of ever getting a drink. I explained that both parties had been waiting half an hour and understood he was very busy, the barman then decided to remove our drinks from in front of us and told using expletives to go else where for our drinks. I was in complete disbelief and when the gentleman next to me tried to purchase the drinks on our behalf the barman flatly refused to serve him also!

I regularly entertain clients from all over the world and The Living Room has often been a destination for pre/post dinner drinks as it has a lovely atmosphere rarely found elsewhere. This unfortunately will no longer be the case.