“Stop over, wish i could have stayed longer!!!”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Newbury
“Stop over, wish i could have stayed longer!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Spent one night here on the way to Yorkshire,reception staff were lovely and helpful, All in all the hotel staff were really nice. Our room was fabulous, breakfast in the morning, great selection. The only complaint was we had to leave, would def go back. Thank you Staff at the Belfry

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are deluxe!!
2 Thank Lesley C
, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear 1ofTheScotland6

Thanks for your lovely review of our hotel, we were delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Easy access from M1 motorway.

As this was a conference, the room was pre-booked and I have no idea what the rate was.

On arrival the reception staff were very polite and welcoming. The room I was given (100) was the first one on the corridor near the lift and it also doubled as a syndicate room. The bed, although a proper double, could be stowed away in a unit and was too soft for my liking, plus within 10 minutes I had stubbed my toe twice on the metal frame.
When I asked to be moved to another room the reception staff couldn't be more helpful and even remembered my name every time I passed after that.
The second room (319) was more what I expected of a hotel of this type, comfy bed, four decent pillows, tea/coffee etc. The one let down was that there was only one bath towel and one hand towel and the hand towel had make-up on it.
Bath and separate shower, all lovely and clean.
The buffet lunch and evening meal exceeded expectation - lovely food and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I even got genuine 'good mornings' from the cleaners as I passed them in the corridor.
I never got a chance to make use of the pool but I'm told it was decent enough too.
All in all this hotel gets the thumbs up from me and I would stop there again.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms 100 or 101, the other rooms are of a much better standard.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mickjenn65
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Mickjenn65

Thanks for your feedback following your recent visit to the Nottingham Belfry Hotel. I was delighted that the team looked after you so well and that you found your room to be comfortable. We do offer excellent beds with mattress toppers and luxury pillows encased in high thread-count sheets, all of which we do get lots of positive comments about.

My apologies if you only had one set of towels in your bathroom, we do place a second set in the drawers in the bedroom but I am sorry if the sign in the bathroom was missing that indicates this and I shall ensure that our head housekeeper addresses the issue with the make-up on the towel.

Thanks again for taking the time and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I regularly stay away with work, so I know a good hotel when I stay in one.
This hotel usually exceeds my expectation for service, quality and comfort.
Beds are very comfy.

Only down side for this trip was that a coach-load of tourists decided to come for breakfast 5 mins before I arrived.

Now with free wifi in all rooms.
Breakfast is full buffet service, with great selection, including hash browns!
Only downside is that working the TV requires a degree in electronics.
Remember to take the car park exit code before getting to the barrier!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Keefman
Dear Keefman

Thanks for your review of our hotel, I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A word of warning, if you book online, I strongly suggest that you phone to confirm your booking before you set off. A month ago, we booked a room and paid in full in advance. We arrived there on Saturday night after 4 hours in the car to be told that the hotel was full and that they had made a reservation for us in the centre of Nottingham, 15 mins away!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Anna M

My sincere apologies for the error with your booking last weekend, this was completely due to an error on our part for which I am very sorry.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and would be grateful if you were able to provide me with your contact details.

My apologies for the distress and inconvenience caused and I hope to speak to you soon.

TAMWORTH
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Brilliant for a spa break. The staff at the restaurant make you feel so special. Loved every moment!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAETICOSTA
Dear LAETICOSTA

Thanks for your comment, I was delighted that you enjoyed your spa break with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Belfry and I honestly couldn’t fault a thing, the staff were very well mannered, polite and always on hand. The Darwin Suite we stayed in was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was extremely luxurious, Both Breakfast and Dinner was of a superb standard and again the staff were extremely helpful.

The Pool was nice and with the added bonus of a steam room, sauna and hot tub. Complimentary towels were provided and very clean changing facilities.

The only slight fault was we paid for champagne and chocolates on arrival but the chocolates were out of date, but they were replaced with strawberry’s dipped in chocolate, which was a welcome surprise on the return from our evening meal.

Many thanks and we will return

Room Tip: Go for a suite!
1 Thank andrew m
Dear andrew m

I was pleased to hear that you had a lovely weekend with us.

We have ten luxurious suites here at the Nottingham Belfry, all with separate sitting room and fantastic bathrooms, even with a TV in front of the bath! We do receive fantastic feedback about our suites so I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed here during our weekend visit to the Download Festival at Castle Donington(I refused to camp!!) and we couldn't have chosen a nicer hotel. All the staff were SO friendly, our room was lovely and we were made to feel so welcome - even when we arrived down for breakfast with my daughter wearing slighty scary make-up!! I stay in hotels all round the UK for work and would thoroughly recommend this one to anyone staying in the area - very much hope I can find a good excuse to visit again soon. Thank you!! :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Juliet M
Dear Juliet M

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us and we all hope to see you again next year for the Download festival.

Thanks again.