1,687 results
All reviews spa break q hotels business park lawrence restaurant spa facilities separate shower upgraded to a suite sauna and steam room park and ride restaurant staff trouser press bar area following morning modern hotel walk in shower buffet style a lovely stay
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Excellent location close to M1 motorway junction and close enough to city centre facilities. Good choice of breakfast in pleasant surroundings. Only stayed for one night and did not have time to utilise all the facilities. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Barbara H

Thanks for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Good quality hotel staff very helpfull and friendly nothing to much trouble pool very nice with all facilities available
Only complaint we stayed for dinner on the first evening expecting a down to earth menu turned out not a lot on menu to suit me and the wife al al a carte small potions big prices this was not value for money had we known we would of had the dinner in our room different menu more every day foods

Room Tip: Rooms were over warm had we known we could of had a fan in the room so dont be afraid to ask the hotel will try and meet your needs

Dear Gerald D

Thanks for your review of our hotel, we were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your visit. We do offer three dining options in our Lawrence Restaurant, Oaks Bar and in room dining and do hope that through this we can cater for many tastes.

Our Chef is reviewing our restaurant menu for the autumn and we shall certainly be reviewing what we offer to accommodate a wider selection of dishes.

Thanks again for taking the time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

I have to stay in Nottingham every week for two nights and have stayed in pretty much all non city centre hotels in the area and I have to say I finally hot jackpot here. As a solo business traveller the needs are very basic, good, quick food in a friendly bar where you don't feel conspicuous being alone, decent tv choice and a good nights sleep. The Belfry managed these well with the exception of (and my only negative) the temperature of the room. It was so hot even with the window open and I would have expected a hotel of this standard to have aircon - the floor fan provided is too noisy to sleep with It on and I had to shut it in the bathroom even when I unplugged it as the timer wouldn't stop ticking! Aside from this the pool is nice, staff very friendly and room stylish and clean. I just wish they had the current deals on every week because I'd stay here every time without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Jugson

Thanks for your fantastic review, If you are in the area on a frequent basis for business, do let me know and we can make some long term arrangements for you here at the Nottingham Belfry.

We do have some rooms that may be cooler for you for your next visit so do feel free to call and we can organise this on your behalf.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a 'Q to Escape' spa day and with the current 25% off midweek offer found this to be excellent value for money.
We were aware that the Belfry is not a true spa, rather it is a hotel with leisure offering, so were more than happy with the facilities.
There is an airy 25 station gym, which although equipped with modern Technogym equipment, was lacking several cardio pieces and the air conditioning was not the best.
There is a nice pool with jacuzzi attached, plus a basic steam room and sauna. We visited when it was quiet, but can imagine it would be crowded when busy.
Changing facilities were clean and spacious, although the showers were cold due to a problem with the hot water.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, especially Leah who gave me my included 50 minute treatment. The 'Fit for Business Back Ritual' was very good.
A light lunch was also included and this comprised of delicious cajun chicken wraps with salad, followed by a treat of chocolate fudge cake and ice cream! Tea and coffee was provided.
All in all highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear betterthanwork

Thanks for your review of your recent spa experience, the team were very happy to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable visit; do feel free to forward us your contact details and we shall keep you updated of our special offers.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

My girlfriend and I'd had a really tough two weeks, and come the end of the week we decided we needed a bit of a break for the weekend. So we checked out local places to chill for a day or so and settled upon the Belfry.

We took the romantic package for one night, costing £165. This includes a room, dinner in the main restaurant, breakfast in bed, use of the spa/leisure facilities, £10 to go towards spa treatments, some champagne and chocolate for the room, and a late check out of 2pm.

Everything was pretty much spot on. The room was lovely, with a nice-sized Sky TV, excellent and solid bed, two armchairs, and generally lovely decor. Very warm and modern design. Bathroom was similarly good, being completely clean and featuring a walk-in shower plus a separate bath/shower. Nice shampoos, etc provided too.

The dinner was served in the main restaurant, which is about as good as dining gets really. Excellent service from attentive staff (My water was repeatedly topped up within moments of finishing!), food that's truly to die for with generous helpings, and a generally great ambience. Our package included £26 per person for dinner, which is enough to have a starter, main, and desert if you stick to the marked menu items which basically includes everything except the extravagant steaks, etc.

Breakfast was handled very well. You choose what you want on a card and stick it on the door handle overnight, and in the morning it's all delivered on a big, heavy tray (perfect for putting on the bed) with very generous helpings. You can also go downstairs to the restaurant, of course.

The spa and leisure facilities were definitely what I expected. There's a lovely pool with a connected jacuzzi that can fit about eight people in, nice changing rooms and showers, steam room, sauna, and full gym. Upstairs is the treatment area which is a very tranquil and beautiful room with a small waiting area (free water and magazines).

I've never had any kind of massage treatment before so I can't compare it to anything, but I will say that it felt absolutely fantastic and was just what I needed after a couple of weeks of stress and being hunched over a laptop. I was given an Indian head massage by Rhianne, who did a brilliant job of making me feel at ease and making sure she wasn't using too much pressure, etc. My girlfriend was similarly delighted with her full body massage and didn't stop smiling for some time.

While not included in our package, we also had lunch at the all-day bar which was great. Very nice paninis, wraps, etc and more than enough in terms of portion size. The same food (more or less) is available 24/7 via room service with a £3 fee, which is really good value overall.

The champagne and chocolate is a wonderful touch, making the whole experience that bit more special and went down a treat with my partner. Very nicely presented, sitting in ice waiting for us when we walked into our room.

The only things that would have made our stay better were a slightly more intuitive TV (my girlfriend had trouble figuring out why there were two remotes and what they did) and air conditioning (a floor tower fan is supplied instead). They're relatively minor points though as an open window with fan was fairly comfortable, although I can imagine how it'd be a bit hard to bear during the hottest times of year.

Overall, a great stay. Even for locals such ourselves it was a wonderful break from normality and felt like we were a long way from home, so I'd imagine it's even more appealing for those travelling from elsewhere and needing somewhere to stay.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms seem to be available, which look nice from the outside. Not sure which rooms these are and if they're on different price tiers, but it might be worth enquiring about if you'd like one.

Dear RyanJWilliams

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to us here at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel. I was very pleased to see that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your time with us and chef will be very happy to hear that you were delighted with his food as he does endeavour to deliver a very high standard to our guests.

Our current televisions are operated with two remote controls as it is an analogue television with a digi-box that we had installed due to digital switch-over. This is a little confusing to operate and we are reviewing options to invest in new televisions to overcome this.

Thanks once again and as you seem to live in the local area we hope we will see you again very soon.