1,678 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsbusiness parklawrence restaurantspa facilitiesseparate showerupgraded to a suitesauna and steam roompark and riderestaurant stafftrouser pressbar areafollowing morningmodern hotelwalk in showerbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed 20 August 2012

A lot of what I have to say is positive about The Belfry.

From the staff at check-in, to the cleanliness of the room, to the tranquil courtyard and the leisure facilities. There are a couple of things to be aware of though.

The rooms have no air conditioning, which considering how new the building is is very surprising. As such, despite have the window open to the maximum all day and night, the room felt incredibly stuffy. Breakfast was also a little bit hit and miss for me. Service was fine but the standard of food varied greatly. The pastries were awful going on my own visual impression and the brief taste I allowed myself. The hot English option was definitely the better one, though certain elements were no more than lukewarm.

Bar prices were, in my opinion, excessive, but that seems to be par for the course in any hotel these days.

The positives outweigh the negatives though, and the staff on the reception desk could not do enough to help throughout the stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear KHDG

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay and I was delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast; we did have a temporary issue with one of our heat lamps on our breakfast buffet which has now been resolved and I trust on your next visit you will see a much improved breakfast.

Thank you as well for your other comments, all of which we have taken on board in light of our future product and service improvements; it is only by receiving such information that we can continually improve what we offer so thank you again for taking the time.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

just returned after spending sat and sun here and going to southwell races on sunday.The hotel is ideally situated just off the M1 and there are 4 or 5 pubs/restaurants nearby.The staff are probably the friendliest,most helpful my wife and I have encountered.The room was clean and bright with a portable fan to help with very warm nights.Hotel spotless,breakfast excellent and a relaxing bar with skysports to round off the day.Got an brill 'summer' deal and we will definitely return again in the future-the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Dear marknewson

Thanks ever so much for your fantastic review of our hotel, we were delighted to hear that you found our team to be so welcoming and friendly which is something we do pride ourselves on.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Excellent location close to M1 motorway junction and close enough to city centre facilities. Good choice of breakfast in pleasant surroundings. Only stayed for one night and did not have time to utilise all the facilities. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend.

Dear Barbara H

Thanks for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Good quality hotel staff very helpfull and friendly nothing to much trouble pool very nice with all facilities available
Only complaint we stayed for dinner on the first evening expecting a down to earth menu turned out not a lot on menu to suit me and the wife al al a carte small potions big prices this was not value for money had we known we would of had the dinner in our room different menu more every day foods

Room Tip: Rooms were over warm had we known we could of had a fan in the room so dont be afraid to ask the hotel will try and meet your needs

Dear Gerald D

Thanks for your review of our hotel, we were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your visit. We do offer three dining options in our Lawrence Restaurant, Oaks Bar and in room dining and do hope that through this we can cater for many tastes.

Our Chef is reviewing our restaurant menu for the autumn and we shall certainly be reviewing what we offer to accommodate a wider selection of dishes.

Thanks again for taking the time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

I have to stay in Nottingham every week for two nights and have stayed in pretty much all non city centre hotels in the area and I have to say I finally hot jackpot here. As a solo business traveller the needs are very basic, good, quick food in a friendly bar where you don't feel conspicuous being alone, decent tv choice and a good nights sleep. The Belfry managed these well with the exception of (and my only negative) the temperature of the room. It was so hot even with the window open and I would have expected a hotel of this standard to have aircon - the floor fan provided is too noisy to sleep with It on and I had to shut it in the bathroom even when I unplugged it as the timer wouldn't stop ticking! Aside from this the pool is nice, staff very friendly and room stylish and clean. I just wish they had the current deals on every week because I'd stay here every time without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Jugson

Thanks for your fantastic review, If you are in the area on a frequent basis for business, do let me know and we can make some long term arrangements for you here at the Nottingham Belfry.

We do have some rooms that may be cooler for you for your next visit so do feel free to call and we can organise this on your behalf.