“Great value, friendly helpful staff, good food and nice gym”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed at the Nottingham Belfry for business. I booked via laterooms.com and it was around £75 including breakfast. The hotel is very clean and modern, my room was spacious and the bathroom was lovely with a big bath (that I used) and a powerful shower for the mornings, I was very impressed.

I used the gym in the evening, it was fairly busy but that was to be expected of any gym between the hours of 6-7.30pm. It's quite a small gym, but it had everything I needed and was clean with nice big windows looking out whilst you're on the cross trainer.

I ordered room service, this was great because normally room service is very limited. There was a wide variety to chose from and I selected the "make your own salad" where you can chose all the ingredients which is ideal for me. The food was good and arrived promptly. I couldn't work out how to turn on the tv (even though there instructions by the bed) however when I called reception somone came very promptly and politely asissted me.

Overall, great experience for business - I've booked to stay her again when I'm next in Nottingham. I would also say this is a nice place to stay for families and couples too and if I'm ever in nottingham for leisure I would certainly look at the Belfry.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Rosie G

Thanks for your feedback of your recent stay, I'm delighted that you found our team to be so friendly and that you were well looked after.

We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed at the Nottingham Belfry over night as a treat and it was fantastic. I can not praise this hotel enough. All the staff were smart, proffessional and friendly. The hotel was as described on the website and met all our expectations. Our room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. We did not have air conditioning in the room but there was a large fan provided as it was a very warm day.
The Spa facilaties were fantastic with a decent sized pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. all the staff were really helpfull and it was spotless.
We dined in the resturant which offered a good range of food which was lovely and the breakfast offered a wide selection of alternatives both hot and cold.
This is a Fab, Topnotch Hotel :o)

Dear H H

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us; it was a pleasure to read and the team are all delighted that you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We had booked for 2 double rooms for our weekend in Nottingham but on checking in we were told only 1 double room was available - so we were being upgraded to a suite.
The Darwin Suite was spacious , clean and very comfortable. Only small complaint was that only 1 robe was left in the room and it was very tatty looking.
The staff were all extremely helpful and courteous and the breakfast was excellent. We will be booking for the Belfry again and will be recommending it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear borneohunter

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us and we were delighted that our team looked after you so well.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the robe, we have addressed this with our linen company and housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I spent a Friday and Saturday evening at the Nottingham Belfry. This is one of about 21 Q Hotels and in our opinion the best of the three we've sampled so far. We are members of their Breakaway Club and enjoy promotional stays when we can.

Access from the M1 is very easy - parking ample and free. Check-in was fast and efficient, the reception manager, John was helpful and welcoming. Our room was pretty standard - flat-screen t.v., hairdryer, oscillating floor standing fan, ironing board and large comfortable bed. The room was a little warm but the fan helped.

Dinner on the Friday night was a real pleasure. There's a world of difference between the quality and presentation of the food at the Nottingham Belfry compared to the Cambridge Belfry (I posted a Tripadviser review of that hotel in early August). At Nottingham the choice was impressive, the presentation top-notch and the taste first class. Service was friendly and efficient - clearly overseen by the restaurant manager.

Breakfast Saturday morning was spot-on. The manager took our order for eggs and they were cooked exactly as requested and quite speedily. The buffet options were varied and again very good quality. Coffee pot refills just a polite request away - really good.

Dinner on the Saturday evening and breakfast on Sunday was a repeat - fabulous service, un-rushed, great quality. The chef and his staff pay attention to presentation and this counts as you start your meal feeling a great deal of effort has gone into it. Most importantly, it tasted great as well.

The spa facilities were up to the usual Q standard and we spent a leisurely couple of hours in there each late afternoon - after we'd visited some of the surrounding sites and places of interest. If you stay here check-out the "Caves of Nottingham". There are hundreds of caves under the city centre and access can be gained on the tour from within the shopping centre. John on reception will tell you were to go - he told us. Lincoln is a great city worth a visit as well. About 30 miles east north east of Nottingham - the farmer's market was on the weekend we stayed - a bonus as there's always a decent micro brewery stall.

I would highly recommend the Nottingham Belfry for a weekend stay. I'd stay here if I was in the area on business as well - the free wi fi throughout the hotel would be ideal.

Well done to all the staff.

Room Tip: If your room is a distance from reception run the batch tap for a few minutes until the water is hot...

Dear mike cun_liffE

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, I was very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Jon was happy to hear that you felt he looked after you well and please be assured that I have shared all of your lovely feedback to our restaurant and kitchen teams regarding your evening meals and breakfast. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I stayed over for a couple of nights to celebrate our anniversary. The service and facilities were excellent and we had a very relaxing and memorable weekend. Definitely look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was spacious and very comfortable. We loved it.

Dear spyker 2K7

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found our suite to be most comfortable. We offer these at a supplement of only £50 per night and this includes as spacious lounge, large bathroom with TV over the bath, wine, bathrobes, slippers and other upgraded amenities; for a special occasion they are a real treat and we often get feedback that they are excellent value for money.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

A lot of what I have to say is positive about The Belfry.

From the staff at check-in, to the cleanliness of the room, to the tranquil courtyard and the leisure facilities. There are a couple of things to be aware of though.

The rooms have no air conditioning, which considering how new the building is is very surprising. As such, despite have the window open to the maximum all day and night, the room felt incredibly stuffy. Breakfast was also a little bit hit and miss for me. Service was fine but the standard of food varied greatly. The pastries were awful going on my own visual impression and the brief taste I allowed myself. The hot English option was definitely the better one, though certain elements were no more than lukewarm.

Bar prices were, in my opinion, excessive, but that seems to be par for the course in any hotel these days.

The positives outweigh the negatives though, and the staff on the reception desk could not do enough to help throughout the stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear KHDG

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay and I was delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast; we did have a temporary issue with one of our heat lamps on our breakfast buffet which has now been resolved and I trust on your next visit you will see a much improved breakfast.

Thank you as well for your other comments, all of which we have taken on board in light of our future product and service improvements; it is only by receiving such information that we can continually improve what we offer so thank you again for taking the time.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

just returned after spending sat and sun here and going to southwell races on sunday.The hotel is ideally situated just off the M1 and there are 4 or 5 pubs/restaurants nearby.The staff are probably the friendliest,most helpful my wife and I have encountered.The room was clean and bright with a portable fan to help with very warm nights.Hotel spotless,breakfast excellent and a relaxing bar with skysports to round off the day.Got an brill 'summer' deal and we will definitely return again in the future-the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Dear marknewson

Thanks ever so much for your fantastic review of our hotel, we were delighted to hear that you found our team to be so welcoming and friendly which is something we do pride ourselves on.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.