1,677 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsbusiness parklawrence restaurantspa facilitiesseparate showerupgraded to a suitesauna and steam roompark and riderestaurant stafftrouser pressbar areafollowing morningmodern hotelwalk in showerbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Chose this hotel over others because of reviews. Stayed 1 night with 3 kids so booked interconnecting rooms, (v helpful & friendly booking staff who checked rooms were interconnecting). When arrived (at 4.30) told rooms weren't ready & not interconnecting...after 10 min wait receptionist came back v polite/apologetic and said rooms were interconnecting but 1 still wasn't ready but we could go up and wait in the one that was! There must have been a hiccup with house keeping that day as there were a few people waiting for rooms - considering we arrived well after check in time...that said staff were polite & friendly; double v spacious even with extra bed in; kids twin ok interconnected with ours; bar meals expensive but good food; breakfast fine.
First stay in Q hotel but would return/considering using another Q hotel in Warwickshire in a couple of weeks time.

Room Tip: Room faced into courtyard so prob quieter than those at front which over look road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank it03
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear it03

Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us and my apologies that you had a delay on check-in. I have reviewed this with our Head Housekeeper to ensure that this is addressed so as to prevent further instances.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and I do hope we shall see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We spent two nights in this very good hotel. It is easy to find and get to.The staff and service is great. The hotel is very clean and comfortable with great rooms. The spa is good although a small pool it is still a pleasant swim. Good jacuzzi and steam/sana rooms. Altogether a good break. watch out for the automatic service charges.There is an Indian resteraunt round the corner that we can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: The delux rooms have large beds plus there is a seperate bath and shower.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear HolidayReviewSue

Thanks for your lovely feedback, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We booked the hotel's "Sensational Sunday" Dinner, Bed & Breakfast offer. This proved to be excellent value for money. The 3 course evening meal had a good choice of menu options. The food was imaginatively presented, cooked to perfection and the portions were generous. The room was clean and of a good size, with a comfortable bed. The buffet breakfast had a good choice of hot and cold food. More importantly the staff kept stocking up the counter area with fresh food and drink items. I used the leisure facilities - swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There was also a gym for the younger and fitter guests to use. Throughout all areas of the hotel the staff were friendly, attentive, professional and well trained. We will return soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Namerof

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. As we are situated so close to the M1 and other major road links we are very accessible by road to many destinations; and with 250 free car parking places, we are well suited for those who wish to explore the local area.

We do pride ourselves on the friendliness of our team so I am delighted that everyone looked after you so well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I visit the hotel 6-7 times a year and have not had a problem with it, bar slightly expensive food and drink in the bar. However their normal standards slipped on my recent visit.

I was checked into room 111 and upon arriving in the room noticed that the TV had a delay and interference. I tried to ring reception but found that the phone was broken. As I went out for the night at about 7.00pm I went to reception and reported the two faults and went about my evening in Nottingham expecting things to be put right.

When I returned to my room at about 10.30pm I found that nothing had changed the TV was still intermittent and the phone still broken. So I went up to reception and ask what has been done. No one can be sure so they send someone down to my room to check things out. Initially they tried to fob me off using the phrase 'It's the freeview box, the signal here is terrible' I felt like saying "why bother with TV's in all of the rooms then if they don't work properly".

After some travelling backwards and forwards to reception and the phone in the room falling to bits in the member of staffs hand they agreed to move me to another room.

The new room 104, still has the same intermittent TV issue, and also clearly hadn't been fully cleaned after the previous occupant had been in. Used cups, smell in the bathroom, and his room card still in the room. Although at least the sheets had been changed. By this time it was 11.30pm and I wanted to sleep so I gave up.

If whoever runs the hotel reads this please look into this as you have a lovely hotel that I have used many times before and I will 'probably' use again. However if this was my first time here I would never use the hotel, or any in the chain, again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear James5678

Thanks for your comments and my apologies that your stay with us was not up to our usual high standards.

We did have all of our internal and external phones go down for three days recently and our engineers worked tirelessly to fix the problem, however I am sorry if this had an impact on your stay.

All of our televisions do run on an independent freeview box but the signal should never have been a problem, we have checked both televisions you mentioned and both are fully operational so I am unsure what triggered the exact issue you experienced.

I am very sorry that your visit was less than positive and should you wish to discuss this further, do feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

It is not often that my sister and I get time together as we live at opposite ends of the country but this weekend we met at The Nottingham Belfry for a spa weekend and we will now make it a regular event. The staff were fantastic they were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble they made us feel like VIP guests for the whole weekend. The spa was great and our treatments fabulous and the food was innovative and delicious. We only left the hotel for a short walk in the beautiful countryside as everything we could want was right there! Well done you really know how to give excellent customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Deb J

The entire team here at the Nottingham Belfry hotel were delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us. we do pride ourselves on our high level of friendliness and professionalism so I am delighted that this is what you experienced.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.