“Friendly staff”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I only stayed one night, but enjoyed it a lot. Quite a few things were above average, including staff friendliness, breakfast and beautiful sparkling bathroom. Sadly didn't get a chance to try dinner or the Spa.
It's a good place for a Conference as so convenient for the M1.
If I had to say what I liked least it would probably be the slightly boring room décor, and I've never been a fan of dark brown-but that's a matter of taste

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanna H
There are newer reviews for The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Had a lovely suite, which was huge! Definite plus for us was the tv in the bathroom. Who doesn't like to lounge in the tub while watching the tv? Very nice touch.
We were on a rate which included dinner but even then we ended up paying an extra £15. The food is very overpriced for what it is. I don't think the allowance you get for dinner is sufficient. The food was nice but nothing overwhelming. Breakfast was good but very busy.
Wouldn't bother using the spa if you are going on a weekend. It was packed and it's a very small area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

very impressed with this hotel, staff excellent, made to feel very welcome facilities & food superb
would deffinetly visit again, nothing I could fault, would have loved to have a treatment in the spa but unfortunately was unable, however pool and jacuzzi great

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed two nights and couldn't fault it! The staff were very friendly, room very nice and food outstanding; the best I have ever tasted and presentation was unbelievable for the deserts. Didn't have time to use the Spa however fully intend to book again and use the Spa facilities.Looking foward to going back in the near future. Well done!

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We took an overnight stay for our wedding anniversary on the Friday night offer , the double room was spacious and service and food was very good. We made use of the spa facilities which were clean and v quiet for a Saturday. No complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: Our standard double room was very spacious with balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I went for a spa treatment and I must express how nice the area was, the staff were very professional and well turned out, and my pedicure was the best ever ! Thanks Jess, I can't wait for my next treatment. I will be back real soon !

Room Tip: N/A as I did not stay in the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I spent a few nights in the Nottingham Belfry and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very modern and the reception area is very open and welcoming. All staff I met during my stay were excellent, especially the staff at breakfast and the restaurant manager on an evening who couldn't do enough for us. My room was nice, but it was the bed and shower that made my stay, the bed was excellent, very comfortable with a comfy mattress topper and the shower was brilliant, very powerful and a good consistent heat. The only area that disappointed was the speed of service at the bar, which only seemed to be manned by one person so when a group of people came to the bar together it took a good while to get served and although other staff did come and help out it seemed to take a good 10minutes for them to arrive. However, I still had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay here again.