Visited this hotel 5 years ago and returned for a relaxing weekend in a suite. We don't require a lot - nice surroundings, good food and peace to relax. The hotel delivered very well overall with just a few minor grips.
The corridors are looking a little worn and the carpet in the suite was stained but overall the level of decor and quality of furnishings is very good with a very pleasant contemporary feel. The hotel delivers above average with its refreshments tray - we had wine, small jar of chocolate raisins and another of peanuts and they were good quality, along with above average coffee and biscuits. The tv in the bathroom was a nice touch too and there is a comprehensive choice of channels. It's also great to get free Wi-fi in the room and, without exception, the staff were very friendly with many being local, which made a very pleasant change and created no language issues of the sort we have encountered in other UK hotels. The food in the restaurant was excellent, with lots of choice, and our room service breakfasts were generous and delivered on time.
Our only major surprise was we did not know the hotel allowed dogs. There must have been one near our suite as it yapped through much of Saturday evening. Fortunately, it stopped by the time we wanted to go to bed and when it yapped and woke us at 8.15am on Sunday, it did not continue and we were able to go back to sleep. Clearly it could have been very different and given the hotel was full, there would not have been much that could be done. Not sure how often this hotel has dog guests but we will therefore add a request to be in a room away from any guests with dogs in future!
Frankly we could stop there as it was great stay but we know Q like to try to continually improve so will offer the following niggles as they can be easily rectified:
1. We had a late check out. Without exception, where ever we stay, this never gets coded into the keys at check-in unless we ask. It would just be so much more professional if it was addressed automatically.
2. We had the wrong paper delivered. No big deal but just a little more care needed.
3. The senior staff in the restaurant were excellent but some of the waitresses on Saturday would benefit from a little more training. Their communication skills just need a little more polish - it's great they are friendly but they need to be careful that that does not translate into the language feeling more like you are in Pizza Hut than a nice restaurant.
4. With the late check-out, we left the do not disturb sign on our door on Sunday to avoid the cleaners forgetting. However, they ignored the sign, knocked and told us 11 am was checking out time. Again no big deal, as we simply explained we had a late check-out, but a little more effort and the whole operation could be more professionally delivered - surely housekeeping can easily be told which rooms have late check-outs?
It's a great place and we'd not hesitate to use again or recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nottingham Belfry is ideally located just one mile from the M1 and 5 miles from Nottingham city centre. The contemporary four-star hotel has 120 spacious bedrooms, a superb leisure club and tranquil spa. The Nottingham Belfry is the region's largest conference venue as the hotel can hold up to 700 delegates in the Admiralty Suite or across 13 flexible conference and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nottingham Belfry - a q Hotel Nottingham
- Belfry Hotel Nottingham