“Very nice hotel”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed two nights in this very nice hotel. Just off the M1. Rooms very good with shower and bath. Pillows hard which was a shame as bed was comfy. The breakfasts were good but hot food on cold plates not so good. Dinner menu limited so had steak both nights. Ordered medium rare got medium well done! Kept asking for more water and the same lady kept forgetting each night ( she blamed her colleague on the first night ) her colleague managed to spot that she had forgotten again on the second night. We waited 45 minutes for our main course on the second night. Had to ask were it was. The desserts were very poor, chocolate mouse that was stiff and tasted of cocoa powder! The other one was creme caramel which was heavy and had curdled. Wine good and not silly prices. They need to sort out their menuit is bland. Get the desserts right and the staff need to work better in the dining room. the bar staff on the whole were good, but one was very rude! Otherwise had a good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as may be noisy from traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Lovely hotel, nice pool and spa facilities. Everyone friendly and food was amazing. We had a great deal and this is our 2nd Q hotel experience. I am going on a third in June. Amazing value and consistent quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Tez43

Thank you for your review of the hotel, We are glad that once again you enjoyed the QHotels brand and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I came to the hotel yesterday (10.04.14) for a spa day, birthday celebration, I've been to the Belfry previously with my mum on a latedeals.com spa day a few years ago which we both thoroughly enjoyed but yesterday was even better! We had a full day in and around the spa and things could not have been better! Firstly, we had a very friendly greeting by Louis and Andy who were on reception. Because it was my birthday they made extra effort for me and made me feel really welcome. The spa itself is clean and relaxing, the pool and Jacuzzi are both good sizes and the steam room and sauna are great too.
When we went for lunch, Joanne couldn't have been nicer and she even brought me out a cake with a candle because it was mentioned in conversation that it was my birthday! It was little extra thoughtful things like this that made my day at the Belfy so good!
The beauty treatments were great and all of the beauticians were really friendly, especially Alex, Lauren, Milena and Ellie who my friend and I had our treatments with, so a huge thanks to them!

Overall I would happily come back to the Belfy and would happily recommend it! Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear CharlotteHealey

Thank you for your glowing review on your spa stay. We are glad that you had a lovely birthday with us and I will pass on your great comments to the staff mentioned.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Hotel very good, lovely & clean, modern & comfortable with tasteful decoration. Our superior room was perfect.Overall staff were friendly, welcoming & helpful. Bar meals excellent & good value, as were the breakfasts. On the evening we ate in the restaurant the meal did not live up to expectations. Would stay again when in the area.

1  Thank jacm949

Dear Jacm949

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole and do apologize that you didn't enjoy your dinner experience in the restaurant. If you would like to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday! We got a really good deal for the facilities, spa treatment and, lunch, dinner and breakfast! The room was so lovely, got a bottle of pink fizz included in our package. The spa facilities were superb! Couldn't fault them and the lady who did my treatment (Ellie) was so friendly and helpful! There were a couple or miserable hotel staff but also some very nice ones. The only thing I would fault is that you have to go through the bar to get to the facilities and it's not great when yourself and other spa guest are walking through in dressing gowns when business people are there! Other than that the food was amazing, the hotel itself was beautiful and we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Granthamgirl19

I would like to thank you for writing a review on our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your birthday with us. I will pass on to Ellie how much you enjoyed your treatments.
My apologies that you were met with some less friendly staff, we pride ourselves on customer service and I will reiterate this to the staff.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Last couple of visits have been very impressed, but the standards have slipped. Family have been split across a corridor instead of adjourning rooms. Two double beds to share between two adults a 16 year old daughter, 12 year old son and 6 year old son. No real effort or enthusiasm to help, we had to ask for extra bedding to create a bed on the floor. Hope something will be offered to compensate considering it is a 4star rated hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BasingstokeDaddy
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear BaisingstokeDaddy

Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us last weekend.

As we discussed at the weekend, we received a request last week from the organiser of your group for an extra bed to be placed in your room but unfortunately all our additional beds were already pre-booked. Unfortunately we were not aware prior to your arrival that you were looking for interconnecting rooms and due to the hotel already being full we were on this occasion unable to accommodate your request.

I am sorry about the impact this has had on your weekend and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail.

Kind regards

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 4 April 2014

really looking forward to stay at belfry stayed 2 nights before so thought i knew what to expect. Well in a year how this hotel has gone down hill, after a 3 hour journey thought oh a lovely spa, told by miserable receptionist that it was to busy and we probably wouldnt get in!!! considering this is part of the package that made me really cross. Got to room stains on bedding bit of a put off and holes in side of quilt!! A disabled room, to wich neither of us are disabled sink so low and shower with a plastic fold down chair not great as when i booked was told it had a bath with seperate shower and had about 2 hours sleep as there was a party going on girls screaming and screeching and singing in early hours. do not go to this hotel!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hay777667

Dear Hay777667

Thanks for posting your review of our hotel.

As discussed on the telephone, we did allocate you one of our double rooms on arrival at the hotel and when you wished to move room due to other guests neaby we did point out that the only other room we had available was an accessible room and as such has no bath but an shower for wheelchair users; I am sorry if this was not to your liking.

I have reviewed your comments with our Head Housekeeper regarding the bedding and my apologies that it was not up to our usual high stadards.

Since our conversation I have discussed your feedback with the receptionist who checked you in and I think there may have been a misunderstanding in relation to the spa; when you referred to this I believe our receptionist thougth you were looking for treatments in our spa and as this was fully booked he indicated that it was not available, but I believe you were looking to utilise our pool and leisure facilities, apologies for any confusion.

Throughout the night our team do carry out regular patrols of the hotel and do address any noise that may disturb other guests and my apologies that this was not dealt with in a timely manner. Please be assured that we have taken on board all of your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and show you that this was an isolated incident.

Kind regards