“Comfortable, home from home, food top notch!”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice now for our wedding anniversary. The first visit was a surprise booked for us by my hubby and the second time ( last month) we felt it was so good we decided to book it again!
We love the rooms, the first time we stayed we were upgraded, second time round not so lucky! Despite not getting the upgrade again we were still more than happy with the room we were assigned, the staff were excellent, the food was lovely like we had experienced the first time and we really enjoyed the spa experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear leaste

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you for another anniversary (or even before).

Kind regards

Claire

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well located near the motorway yet in a quiet green area. The hotel has a nice gym, pool and spa - though was quite busy. The staff at the bar were quite friendly and service was good. The rooms are modern with a separate shower and bath. We had 2 rooms and both had fans (there is no aircon) which was good as it was warm at night and the fans helped. One complaint is that it would have helped if the staff at check-in had suggested us to book a table at the restaurant. Unfortunately, when we got there in the evening to eat dinner, the restaurant was full.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Subir1

Thank you very much for your comments, we welcome all feedback. Please rest assured this is not our usual check in proceedure, and it has been addressed with the member of staff on duty.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Claire

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed on business for two nights at the Nottingham Belfrey .. I have to say the staff were great really helpful and friendly but I did have three key issues.

Firstly the hotel allows dogs to be kept in the guest rooms, following a long hard day working I expected a good nights sleep, but from half past five in the morning there was a yapping dog in a room close by to mine which drove me crazy and kept me awake .. I had a 200 mile drive when I left the hotel and was so tired when I set off I actually booked into another hotel because I was very tired and didn't think it was safe to continue to drive.
Second point is the hotel advertises wi fi internet . But the signal was so bad the only way I could get it to work is to sit in my chair next to the open door almost in the corridor .. I did report this issue to reception and they said they would contact the internet supplier but I was there for two days and the issue certainly was not sorted in that time .
Third was the cost of simple drinks like wine .. Standard 125 ml .. large 175 ml .. But £8.35 for a 175ml glass of wine is ridiculous when the wine was not great quality anyway.
Not a good hotel for business users or people who want to sleep I'm afraid

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim_Lin_dan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights earlier this week and, apart from the fact that it was further out of town than we had wanted, could not find fault with this hotel.
Room was spacious, well equipped and clean, public areas were comfortable, spotless and welcoming, outside areas well maintained.
The outstanding thing about the hotel however was the staff - they were exceptionally helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make guests feel really welcome.

Room Tip: we had a room on the ground floor facing into a quiet garden area - very pleasant, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SandraP

Thank you for your lovely review on the hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I will make sure all of the team hear your lovely comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with great spa facilities. Very friendly staff always polite. Only thing negative was it was far to hot at night to sleep. Bed was very comfortable but never been so hot. Air conditioning is a must. Definitely wouldn't stay again in the summer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Shadow901

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. I'm sorry top hear you were too hot in your bedroom, we do have fans available on request from Reception and our team would be more than happy to delivery these to guest bedrooms.

As a hotel we are looking into the costs of installing air conditioning however this can be a lengthy process.

I do hope we can welcome to the hotel in the furute.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I spent one night at the Belfry and I was amazed by the standards of the property and the level of service. The room was very well appointed, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was huge with both a bathtub and separate shower.... very nice.
Every member of staff I came across was incredibly polite, helpful and smiling . I really felt welcomed and I will surely stay in this hotel again as well as recommend it to friends, colleagues and family.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marco S

I will pass on your comments to the time.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at the Q hotel chain for pleasure (spa breaks) however I stayed at the Nottingham Belfry with my boyfriend as we had been sent up from London for work purposes.

We stayed in the Q star superior double room which was much roomier than their other offerings. The room included a lounge area, large bathroom with a separate shower and bath tub, ironing board, tea making facilities and drinks package with gourmet nuts which were only offered in this room type.

The entire hotel was really clean and the staff were amazing. Everybody we encountered from reception to bar, spa and restaurant staff couldn't do more for us. No ask was too big! :)

The great thing about Q hotels is the spa facilities they have. We were able to relax in the sauna and go for a swim before going to work! Bliss!! The sauna room was a little compact, I'd say around 6-7 people could fit in there max. I didn't look at the steam room as it's not really my thing, but that was located next door to the sauna. The jacuzzi was large could fit around 8-10 people in, far bigger than the one they have at the Ashford International Hotel.

Our stay included dinner bed and breakfast for £144 for two people. Dinner offers £26 per head excluding drinks. You can get a 3 course out of this providing you don't got for the steak which is £23 alone. I ordered the arancini to start which were amazing! Compressed beef for main and fondant for dessert. Had a slight hiccup with the dessert which was rectified very professionally.

Overall amazing value, superb staff, worth considering. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Jeyda K

I will pass on your comments to the team.