“Kitchen Lost Our Order - But Still 5 Stars”

Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse
Ranked #105 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our ethos has always been an inclusive one as our whole menu of up to 35 different burgers has always (since we opened in 2009), been equally vegan, veggie or meaty, with award winning ingredients. Annies Burger Shack has recently been voted by the Nottinghamshire Food & Drink Awards Best City Centre Experience 2017-2018.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for late lunch on Friday around 2.30.

When we arrived the place was very busy.

We ordered drinks, which the waiter chased up as they did not arrive. Then we ordered our food.

We easily waited over 30 minutes for our food only to be told by the waiter that the kitchen had lost our order. The order was taken a second time and we waited another 25 minutes plus for the food to arrive! By this time the restaurant had emptied out and only a few tables were occupied.

When the food arrived the burgers were fab. I had the Elvis which is totally amazing and gorgeous topped with peanut butter and jelly.

I also ordered frickles which were I’m afraid a total let down. Having had frickles in Red’s and loving them, these wee no were near as good and to be honest tasted of stale oil. There was no pickle taste at all. Don’t waste your money on these. It’s a tiny portion and comes in a ramakin with a dip.

Because of our wait time we were offered some discount off our bill which was really nice as we had not complained. When the bill came 20% had been taken off which was great.

I can’t wait to be in Nottingham again so that I can get another Elvis. Pure indulgence.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was a pleasure eating at his place. The staff in general are very welcoming and friendly. We had seen this place the night before as we headed to a concert at the Motorpoint Arena and saw that they had Vegan and Vegetarian options for one in our group so decided to eat there for breakfast. The food was delicious and looked freshly made, especially the hash browns. The only bad point I have is that the Blue Plate Special could’ve done with some wetness like tomatoes or beans but it is an American themed establishment. There was also bottomless coffee and they were refilled very quickly. We were served by Ruby who was so lovely and very helpful, I felt not just because we were her table. The rest of the serving staff were also very good and attentive. I would highly recommend this place for flavour and service and when we next return to Nottingham we are definitely going to try the burgers.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited here for the first time on A Tuesday evening and WOW did Annies live up to it’s reputation.

So much choice i had to ask my waiter for a recommendation and his knowledge of the vegan options was impressive. I work in hospitality and noticed how busy he was but he was attentive, friendly and warm. Its hard to maintain this level of service when its busy and you are stretched so top marks.

Will be returning!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a buisness lunch. Was very busy and service was amazing. Food was good, didn’t like the buns but that’s a personal thing. Great place and great menu.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food was incredible, tons of choice. Server was so friendly and helpful. Sorry I didn't catch his name. I mentioned the chilli on my burger was a little cold and he fixed it straight away by bringing me a big bowl of extra chilli... Which was gorgeous.