“Great place with proper Gourmet Burgers”

Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse
Ranked #105 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our ethos has always been an inclusive one as our whole menu of up to 35 different burgers has always (since we opened in 2009), been equally vegan, veggie or meaty, with award winning ingredients. Annies Burger Shack has recently been voted by the Nottinghamshire Food & Drink Awards Best City Centre Experience 2017-2018.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Been here a few times and it doesn’t disappoint! Nice relaxed vibe with superb gastro burgers. I love eating at Annie's as it has a real pub feel with great food, beer and service! I will keep going back time and time again..

Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Reviewed 1 week ago

Annie's provide a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with an extensive menu of burger choices all in meat, veggie or vegan versions. As a vegan I have never been anywhere with so much choice, I keep going back to try new burgers.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It was hard to choose from the wonderful selection of burgers on offer, many quite different from what you find at other burger restaurants. The food and service were great despite being very busy. Desserts (if you have room) were also delicious. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was expecting this place to be amazing but it was pretty poor. The burger looked like it was thrown on the plate, it was cold too , when I complained the chap tutted as if he was doing me a favour. Might give it a second chance as it just have been an off night. Everywhere deserves a second chance.

1  Thank Sally19662016
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for late lunch on Friday around 2.30.

When we arrived the place was very busy.

We ordered drinks, which the waiter chased up as they did not arrive. Then we ordered our food.

We easily waited over 30 minutes for our food only to be told by the waiter that the kitchen had lost our order. The order was taken a second time and we waited another 25 minutes plus for the food to arrive! By this time the restaurant had emptied out and only a few tables were occupied.

When the food arrived the burgers were fab. I had the Elvis which is totally amazing and gorgeous topped with peanut butter and jelly.

I also ordered frickles which were I’m afraid a total let down. Having had frickles in Red’s and loving them, these wee no were near as good and to be honest tasted of stale oil. There was no pickle taste at all. Don’t waste your money on these. It’s a tiny portion and comes in a ramakin with a dip.

Because of our wait time we were offered some discount off our bill which was really nice as we had not complained. When the bill came 20% had been taken off which was great.

I can’t wait to be in Nottingham again so that I can get another Elvis. Pure indulgence.