“Great breakfast ”

Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse
Ranked #104 of 1,411 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our ethos has always been an inclusive one as our whole menu of up to 35 different burgers has always (since we opened in 2009), been equally vegan, veggie or meaty, with award winning ingredients. Annies Burger Shack has recently been voted by the Nottinghamshire Food & Drink Awards Best City Centre Experience 2017-2018.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lumberjack breakfast and a blue breakfast, the lumberjack came with pancakes. Sided with 2 pots of tea. Very good food, the service was very good as he asked for dietary requirements as well.

I’ll be back to try the burgers

1  Thank OnOurTravels01985
Write a ReviewReviews (3,086)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent food. Huge portions, good value and a really good gluten-free menu (just be sure to ask for it when you go in. My partner and I both have big appetites, and were stuffed full after our mains. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank Stuart T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and the place looks amazing. however I can't review the food as the waitress told me that they can't control any cross contamination of pea nuts between foods.

We could have gone elsewhere but my friends and young child were all settled and hungry. Instead I got a burger at the Xmas Market. Presumably they have some futuristic knowledge of food preparation where they can wash their hands and own more that one set of cooking utensils.

Date of visit: November 2018
TheAnniesTeam, Public Relations Manager at Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Timothy W,

Thank you for leaving us some feedback.

I’m sorry to hear you were not happy with your recent visit due to our being unable to guarantee that there would be no cross contamination of peanuts.

To give more detail about our policy regarding this specific allergy, although we would absolutely do as you have suggested and use different utensils and wash our hands – as we do when handling food with other allergy markers – this would still not sufficiently ensure that someone with a peanut allergy would not have a reaction. For food to be labelled as free from nuts in a factory setting for example, nuts must not be present on the premises let alone being cooked elsewhere in the same kitchen.

I appreciate that our reasoning was likely not explained to you in this detail by our wait staff and probably did seem a little odd at the time, however I assure you that our position on this particular precaution is one we have reached only after due consideration and having heeded external advice.
Again I am sorry that we were unable to serve you on this occasion.

The Annie's Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited a couple of weeks ago with colleagues from work. I have been a few times and the food quality is always amazing the services always fabulous and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. They offer a huge variety of food and drink and they don’t only do burgers!!! Love it, love it, love it....if you get a chance give it a go - highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Annie's is great for vegans as we can eat the whole menu. Food is reasonably priced and there are generally some great local ales on.