“Fancied a burger!!!!!!”

Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse
Ranked #104 of 1,411 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our ethos has always been an inclusive one as our whole menu of up to 35 different burgers has always (since we opened in 2009), been equally vegan, veggie or meaty, with award winning ingredients. Annies Burger Shack has recently been voted by the Nottinghamshire Food & Drink Awards Best City Centre Experience 2017-2018.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ate in the Tavern bar (downstairs) shared a Kogumaza burger my favourite and I was stuffed after having half, the value for money is outstanding and service excellent too.

If you find that the restaurant upstairs is fully booked give the Tavern downstairs a go and you could be pleasantly surprised.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,086)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have been tempted by Annie's for a while but not had a chance to go, but, her birthday was a perfect excuse.

My wife is an avid burger lover and eats them just about every time we go out for dinner. I, on the other hand, have to be in the mood for a burger. This, however, is not a problem at Annie's. With over 30 burgers on offer, it's hard not to get in the mood for at least 3 of them.

After much, much deliberation we finally narrowed it down to the two burgers we wanted to order. Marie went with The Bacon Cheddar and opted for adding an egg to the burger and I went with The New England Yankee Brisket. Both of us were feeling a little wild and went with the sweet potato fries! Crazy.

The guy who came to take our order was the right amount of professional, relaxed and positive. In a busy restaurant where everyone is visibly rushed off their feet, he didn't seem rushed when he got to the table. He made conversation with both Marie and myself and took our order without any mistakes. He did tell us after he took our order that there would be a 30 minute wait on the food. Given how busy the restaurant was, we didn't think this bad at all.

The food came and it looked fantastic. Well presented, generously portioned and definitely giving you the 'eat me' eyes. Although well presented, this still came second to flavour. Both the burgers were juicy and cooked to perfection. Marie likes her eggs to still have a bit of pop left in them when she cuts in and she wasn't disappointed. My burger came with a beef jus that complimented my burger perfectly. The brisket on the burger was soft and just as moist as the burger which made it easy to eat. The sweet potato fries were crispy on the outside and still fluffy on the in.

All in all the service, food and atmosphere were spot on. For less than £35 we were fed, watered and satisfied when we left the restaurant. We would both recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank The_Shanester
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friendly staff, an extensive range of burgers, incredibly all of which can be made as vegetarian or vegan versions. Having visited several times we can vouch for the quality of everything. Interesting range of craft beers and cocktails. Portions are generous so come hungry. The place is always packed, justifiably so. A two minute walk from the Lace Market tram stop.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our first visit here. It won’t be our last. So many burgers to choose from. Burgers cooked fresh to order. Great portion sizes. Such tasty burgers. Choice of fries. Puddings were very yummy also. Fabulous range of cocktails and real ale. Highly recommend a visit here.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here when visiting friends in Nottingham. Restaurant vibe definitely makes you feel as though you are in America!!!! Was very impressed that every single burger on the menu could be made vegan or veggie. The food was delicious and very high quality. Would defo return.