“Excellent again”

Calcutta Club
Ranked #3 of 1,481 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Calcutta Club is an Indian restaurant offering dishes inspired from across India; fish dishes from the Kerala region in South India, spicy options from the North, a wide selection of vegetarian dishes along with timeless classics. All food is prepared fresh to order, and chef specials are available to make every visit special
Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

Came here at end of November, back on new business trip and food, staff and atmosphere was great again. Taking proper care of my coeliac(gluten free) condition too.
Thank you for another memorable night out with Indian food!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank 502tryma
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 7 January 2019

I booked for a celebration group of 22. The service was fantastic and the food delicious. No problem recommending this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Have never been to Nottingham before. We stayed one night and found the restaurant opposite our hotel. The staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Zara showed us to our table and offered to explain any query we had regarding the strength of the curries . The chutney and onions which came with the popadoms were lovely especially the Apple and mint. We were not rushed and the main meal came when we were ready. My husband had a King Prawn madras which was just the right strength for him as was my Chicken Tikka Massala. Not over creamy and just enough heat for me. The rice and Naan we excellent. Freshly made all of it. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 1 January 2019

Visited on a busy Saturday night and glad that we had booked in advance as the restaurant was really busy. This was a superb dining experience - friendly and attentive but not intrusive staff, very nice decor and ambience and quite simply, probably the best Indian food I've ever had. I cannot recommend this restaurant too highly - it really was that good. Not the cheapest in town but well worth the cost and I thought the wine list to be quite moderately priced. Well worth a visit and I hope it's not too long before i re-visit.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2018

Came here with some friends from work just before christmas. Had a nice meal and the service was good. Would go again.

Date of visit: December 2018