“Very good visit”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very good visit”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here with two friends while we went out in Nottingham. The room was very basic but comfortable and large - it had everything we needed and was very clean and organised. The decor throughout the hotel was perhaps a little dated, and the parking was awful - considering that there were around 15 rooms in the hotel, there was probably no more than 3 parking spaces! We went to the shops for half an hour, returned and found that my space had been taken, forcing me to park under the emergancy stairs. We came back at around 3am which was no problem as they gave us our own front door key, although no member of staff was around during the night which I found very odd.

The room was quite hot in the night and therefore we had to open the windows - to find out this made the room very noisy due to the busy road outside, but this settled down after a while and was fine.

Breakfast in the morning was the only disappointment I have to say. We booked the hotel specifically so that breakfast was included and I would be forced to eat something before driving back with a nasty hangover, but the waitress got my two friends orders wrong, not to mention that they were quite small portions and there was no option of extra helpings.

Otherwise, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The receptionist gave us directions into town and could not have been more approachable. Giving 4 out of 5 makes me feel awful because I would definetley return, but as I say, breakfast was a slight disappointment considering that it was the only reason we booked!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back of the building - the road at the front is so noisy!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ok. We needed a bigger room for our few days with toddler and small dog. This,is close to jubilee campus and also on an excellent bus route to city. Good size room, good shower despite being an electric shower. Good breakfast, if served a little without cheer. But let down as there was a huge cobweb on the bathroom ceiling over our entire 3 night stay, draws and wall had coffee stains, which I cleaned off in the end, the bottom of bedstead also stained. This just made me think it wasn't being cleaned properly, even though on the surface it appeared to be. Beds very soft. This is a personal thing I suppose. Handy that we had our own door to outside. Slightly worried when,fire alarm went off and no-one appeared to check our room and breakfadt went on as normal, meanwhile I was waiting with dog and toddler in rain in carpark as stated in the what to do if fire alarm goes off poster!! i so wanted to write a positive review but I am a stickler for cleanliness and those few things put me off. Maybe it was just our room?

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed in the serviced apartment with 3 others for a friends 30th. On arrival first impressions were very good, the flat is decorated really lovely and is very big and the staff were very friendly.
They have parking round the back which was good and breakfast was served in the main building.
The main building from the areas I did see were also decorated to a high standard and there was even a large sitting room area as well as the main breakfast room so the whole place felt really welcoming. Breakfast was what you would expect, full english or cereal, toast etc which was served to a good standard. Staff were also very friendly and helpful here too.

I actually left something at the apartment and with living in London was not able to drive back and get it so they posted it back to me recorded delivery with no charge which was very good of them.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Northampton
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here with my friends when we went for a night out in Nottingham. You can't beat this place for value. It's about a 30 minute walk into the city centre so ideal for our needs. The rooms are basic but clean. If you're not looking for anything really special but a clean good value place to stay then I would recommend the P&J for this.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kampala
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We wanted somewhere within easy reach of the University for a one night stay, and found the P & J Hotel ideal for this purpose.

I had called for advice on parking/access previously, but was rather frustrated at the poor explanation which was also somewhat hindered by a language barrier. Anyway, in the event, we eventually found the place and the car park. This is accessed off the side road, and large enough for several cars although unsecured. The hotel has CCTV, but when I queried the car park, the man who met us, said there was no security and we should bring any items of value in from the car.

The room was nicely furnished, and the beds comfortable. We were on the front/Derby Road, which was initially quite disturbing, as this is the main route to the hospital - ambulances frequently heard going past. I slept well though. Someone might like to note that the bathroom needs more than the ceramics cleaning! There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling and the skirtings were in need of a jolly good wash.

The breakfast was OK. There was definitely an odd air in the dining room, not very friendly or welcoming, and our cooked breakfasts were given to 2 other guests who sat down 10 minutes after us. I did ask for toast after the cooked breakfast, but it arrived with it. After I had breakfast, I was then asked what I wanted to order... all rather confusing.

I would probably stay again, but purely for functionality and ease of University access rather than anything else.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, avoid the front of the building!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

Booked a two night twin room stay from 19th April through to the 21st April 2012. This was my second stay since my first in 2010. Due to a mix up with a late rooms booking it was initially thought that a one night stay was required rather than the original two. This is quickly rectified with a free upgrade to a fabulous twin room en-suite room on the ground floor with a box of chocolates and a note of apology from Anna for the mix-up!!

The room on the second night was nicer and more spacious than the one we were in on the first night both rooms were still comfortable and breakfasts were good value.

Staff members dan Daniel and John were all friendly and very accommodating. John even came up to sort out the hot water on the first night and I think it was Daniel who changed our lightbulb for us later that evening as the room wasnt bright enough!

Hope to be back in the near future and will recommend this to friends and family keep up the good work.

Stayed April 2012
London
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was staying in Nottingham for a few days, and found this place a pleasure to stay in. The breakfast was very good, Bed was really comfortable, Room was clean, Staff really helpful.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business