“Happy with my stay there”

Ibis Nottingham Centre
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Happy with my stay there”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of December 2012.

The room was clean and I must say, for a budget hotel, it had a really good standard! I was impressed with the tea/coffee making facilities and also the hairdryer already in the room. There is an ironing room as well - free of charge.

We paid about £55 per night and had a 24 hour Internet and TV package included in the price, which was great! The films offered in the TV package were all those blockbusters available in the cinema about 2 months ago, so that was great! One minor thing is, that the TV package did not work as we arrived in the room, however we phoned the reception, and all was sorted in no time.

Bathroom was clean and nice. There was a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower cabin, however after I used it once, it finished!

The hotel is situated in a heart of Nottingham with a walking distance to all high street shops and restaurants. The view from our room was overviewing the city, which was very nice.

Parking. if you park at the Lace Market car park you will get a discount from the hotel. Instead of £16 for 24hrs say, you will pay £10, which is cheaper than anywhere else.

If I ever visit Nottingham again, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm glad to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you enjoyed one of our online package rates, including the multimedia on the TV.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day for anything that needs replenishing in the rooms.

Julian Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Great hotel, situated close to shops, opposite Lace Market carpark where you get a discounted carpark ticket if you stay at the Ibis too! Staff very friendly and accommodating. Room was warm clean and beds lovely and comfortable. Great view from our room across the city towards the castle. Didnt have breakfast here as there was a Weatherspoons close by.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm glad to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you had a good nights sleep in our new beds. I'm happy that you liked our location in the city and we hope to welcome you at the hotel again very soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Our second stay in the Ibis Nottingham Centre. The good points are that its in a great location with parking opposite (discounted rates) and also a tram stop immediately outside. Rooms are to the usual Ibis standard with the pod style bathrooms. For a Friday night we had no noise from the corridor in the early hours and with the new Ibis beds sleep was much improved. Check-in was quick and simple and the guy on the front desk was friendly, however the other staff were not so warming to us...saying hello to staff on our return to the hotel wasn't acknowledged. On checkout the lady didn't ask us how our stay went, therefore I didnt mention to her that one of the lights in the bathroom wouldn't come on properly (flickers) nor that the TV menu system wasn't working properly. Great rates if you book in advance, although the Mercure just 300 yards away was only a few pounds more for the same night but as Le Club member I would of benefited from a free arrival drink and better standard of room and service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm happy to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you had a good nights sleep in our new beds. I appreciate your comments as a loyal Le Club member. Here at Ibis we strive to provide each guest with a superior service and your feedback helps us a great deal when making improvements.

Hope to see you again soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The ibis sits right in the heart of the city, a stones through from the market square which currently hosts a Christmas market. Shops, pubs and a selection of places to eat are also very close by. Parking is easy with a car park just over the road.
All the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and polite. I enjoyed my stay ! For a city break at a reasonable price I would give Nottingham a try

Room Tip: I had a room on a high floor with a good view of the city
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Denise B
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm happy to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that my staff made you feel very welcome during your stay.

I appreicate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Navan, Co. Meath
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The hotel is in the heart of the city, great location.

Super reception and check-in. Straight to the room, no messing.

We stayed in 520, great views over the city. Even the lift corridor had a full length window with fabulous views of the city.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel itself, but Lloyd's Bar is a stone's throw away and it has excellent food at incredible prices.

The room itself was spotless, the bathroom excellent.

The highlight of the room was the bed, beautiful sleep both nights.

We both agreed that we would go back if we were in the area again, no doubt about it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnCassidy
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm happy to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you had a good nights sleep. I appreciate your comments regarding our central location and am glad that my staff made you feel very welcome during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reuver, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Very nice. Clean and well-lit with a decent cafe & sitting area downstairs. Beds were comfortable and the shower was clean, hot & had great water pressure. All of your basic amenities and excellent location with shops, pubs (and the Christmas market, which was going on while we were there!) just around the corner. Also not far from Nottingham castle, which is beautiful. Hair dryer in the room, however the bathroom wasn't very woman-friendly because there was nothing but a shaving power outlet. The staff members were friendly and helpful, as well. No free wifi, but you could get an hour down in the cafe if you purchased something for 2 pounds or more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AM S
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm happy to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you also enjoyed our central location. I appreciate your comments regarding our current wifi offer as well and events in the city that enhanced your stay.

We hope to welcome you at the hotel again soon.