“Great for the price!”

Ibis Nottingham Centre
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Very centrally located and very clean and modern. Check in easy and reception staff very friendly. We had a twin room and the beds were really comfortable. Tea and coffee in rooms, but no shampoo, so bring your own if needed. Plenty of storage space. Great value for a city centre hotel. A Tesco extra is next door, which is very handy. Remember to get the parking ticket franked at reception just before leaving and you then pay £10 for parking for 24 hrs.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy F
rac6160, Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Nottingham Centre

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Rooms are basic but clean. View was great. Had a good sleep. Bed comfortable and big enough for two people. Hotel is in the town centre crowded with people but the rooms are still very quit. You couldn't tell. Lovely church bells ringing in the morning. Things missing in rooms are dust bin in living/ bedroom area. Toilet brush and liquid soap in bathroom. Housekeeping staff, receptionists and barkeeper very helpful and friendly. The only thing that really let you down was your breakfast. Presentation of warm food is terrible. It looks microwaved and it tastes like it but I am still hoping it isnt. Only after asking the lady in charge if there was a chance for some bacon she started to prepare some more. She was also asking if we wanted some tomatoes but she thought nobody else wanted any and therefore didnt put any out. So there are only 5 hot items on offer but only 3 are actually available.The cutlery was dirty. Glasses were chipped. Overall opinion about the hotel and the staff very acceptable but in regards to food it was a complete let down. Great location but eat somewhere else. One more thing. Sort the lift out. The idea to swipe the card is great but doesn't work. It seems to be a long lasting unresolved issue.

• Stayed: March 2013
rac6160, Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Nottingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about our lift and quality of the breakfast buffet, which I am addressing with my team.
All guests comments are very important to us and a vital part of our continuing development.

I hope to welcome you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This hotel had one of the best beds I have slept in - a wonderful night's sleep - and a fantastic shower with good pressure. The position of the hotel cannot be faulted - close to the city centre and about 5-10 minutes walk from the station. However don't be tempted to take the tram up the hill as I was owing to very bad weather - it costs £1.90 for just one stop! The staff in the hotel were all very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very happ to hear that my team made you feel welcome and I can assure you that they will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Also I'm pleased to hear that our new suite beds gave you an extra comfortable nights sleep.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed at the Ibis Nottingham as a stop over and it was ideal, rooms were very small but clean and the service was lovely. We didn't spend much time in our room as we were out but ideal for a stop over and check out time was perfect. Good location as was quite easy to get in and out of the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, service and location.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed in Nottingham for 1 night after a gig so wasn't too bothered about the accommodation, providing it was clean. Check in was nice and easy, and it was great that you can check in from 12. The room was probably more like a university hall of residence than a hotel, but it did the job and was clean.

We got back to the hotel late at night and the night porter was happy to serve us a night cap and some late night munchies. My only gripe was housekeeping entering the room at 9am whilst we were asleep, and the fact that despite asking after checkout if there was somewhere "safe" to leave our luggage, it was an unlocked room that anyone could access full of suitcases.

Otherwise, not bad for £39 - especially as you are right in the heart of the city, and a 5 minute walk to the station,

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Regarding our luggage room, it is a lockable room that the staff unlock from behind the desk as you push the door. We check it regularly and guests must have a luggage tag to gain access.

Guest feedback is very important to us and our future plans.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Very inexpensive hotel in the town centre. Great value for money, clean, comfortable and quiet ideal for overnighting when on theatre trips. Have booked again. Very near to railway station and theatre.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review.
It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted that enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

It's not often I stay the night in Nottingham, but I now live 20 miles away, so for a night out my wife and I decided to stay the night. Searching for a good deal I found this at an advanced purchase rate of £44 room only. No refunds or changes, so provided your plans are fixed this is great value. We were on the 5th floor with a good view over the city. The room was quiet, clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was just a shower, but a very good one with plenty of space and ample gushing hot water.

The central location was great. I could have paid for parking £10 for 24 hours, but if you are prepared to walk 20 mins, there's free on street parking outside the city controlled zones or on the 'Forest' recreation site park and ride tram stop (except during Goose Fair). I dropped my wife and the bags at the hotel first!

At the suggestion of other reviews, we walked 1 minute to Lloyds bar (Wetherspoons) and both had large cooked breakfast with coffee for under £9 for two.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly. In conclusion, for what I paid, I couldn't fault it.

We ate dinner at Restaurant88 in Hockley with friends. 2 course Asian Fusion dinner + 4 hours karaoke for £19pp - that was nice too, only the song selection was light on western music!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank globalcoachtours

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.