“Good value”

Ibis Nottingham Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here one night. Good value for money as I stayed mid week. Nice, big clean hotel. Rooms was nice. Very central, nice reception staff. We didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that. Tea and coffee making facilities In room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Excellent location with large car park across road. Overnight parking £14. Within easy walking distance of Arena, shops, good restaurants and bars. Staff friendly and helpful.

Room small but clean. Bathroom is rather an odd place as it is a pod installation but it is perfectly functional. Comfortable large bed with reasonable bed linen. Room has tv with remote, hairdryer and tea/coffee. Storage ok for a couple of nights stay. Free Wifi in room.

Breakfast not bad with choice of cereals, bread for toasting, croissants and cooked breakfast items but the staff could not keep these full and when we went for our breakfast there were no eggs or hash browns. Later these turned up but bacon had run out.

For what we paid (£47.50) and for its location we would recommend a short stay.

Room Tip: High floor can give nice views over the city and would probably be quieter. We were on 4th floor an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you had a good stay with us. The opinions of our guests are very important to us and contribute to our continuious improvement plans.

We hope to you again on your next visit to Nottingham.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Budget hotel, but budget price, reception, helpful, room clean and quiet and with all facilities you need. Plastic cabin bathroom a little testing if you don't know each other well! Car park opposite and reasonably cheap at £10.00 a night. Wetherspoons 50 yards away, so centre close by! Breakfast basic but excellent.

Room Tip: All seemed similar, no real road noise at all
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Got a family room to fit 3 people in. Got to the hotel and was told that the other desk bed wasn't available for the third person. They wouldn't even let me into my room without us paying an extra £60+ for another room. After waiting 30 minutes for a member of staff to "see what she could do", she just come back and said that we were unable to check in unless we paid more. As we had limited time to see a concert, we had to reluctantly pay the extra.
When getting to the room, the key didn't work! After going back to the reception, we finally made it into our room. There was a nice big double bed and a locked fold out bed which would have been ideal for our needs. Instead, we had 2 big rooms for 3 people. To make the atmosphere better for our concert, we wanted to get ready together, but due to the unhelpfulness of the staff, we had to get ready separately.
In the morning I went to check what time the check-out time was, as we wasn't told at the reception, and she said 12. this was at 11:30. As we stayed in separate rooms, I couldn't remember the friends room, they were on floor 5 and i was on floor 3. They were unhelpful and couldn't give me their room number to wake them up. Their only suggestion was to call them, which i did many times before asking reception!
After finally coming to check-out time, it was unclear on how the £10 for 24 hours would work. We had 10 minutes to go to the car park and leave before the timer ran out (not the 24 hours). This is strange as we only had roughly 16 hours in the car park, but had 10 minutes to leave. We couldn't leave the car in the car park and look around Nottingham, which is a shame.
All in all, after everything that went on and the customer service, this rating reflects exactly my experience with Ibis Nottingham.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Our hotel policy permits a maximum of 2 adults and 1 chid (under 12) occupying our family rooms. It is not possible to book for 3 adults in one room through our reservations systems.

To protect the confidentiality of our guests, we do not permit staff to give out other guest's room numbers.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Reasobably Priced hotel

All Staff helpful and friendly.

The Rooms are large, clean and comortable

TheHotel in great location.

Overall a Very enjoyable stay. Recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Nottingham.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

stayed here over night with my teenage daughter , we were watching Tessie j in concert. great location to the arena, train station, shops ,bars restaurants etc. staff were really friendly and helpful. room was lovely and clean very spacious and had tea making facilities, hairdryer and tv. lovely big shower. clean towels in the bathroom and shower gel. didn't have breakfast but i was available from 4am!! easy check in and out would stay here again . thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Me and my wife had a great stay at Ibiz during Firefest rock festival. We had a room at the top with a great view over Nottingham. Can easily recommend Ibiz. Very clean and modern room. Great, big bed and big bathroom. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Ulf J

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Loyalty rewards and best rates are always available via our website.