“Good for the price”

Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

There are newer reviews for Ibis Nottingham Centre

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently stayed her after going to an concert, this hotel is in the most idea place it could be not to far from the train station, city centre and also the fm arena. Accomodation is you get what you pay for, the only issue is there is not enough team members the same guy was doing the bar and reception so this led to there being a massive que so we ended up going back to our room. I would return this hotel because it is an basic hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and have noted your comments regarding queues for service, which we are continuously working to minimise.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We only stayed one night and used the hotel purely as a base to sleep rather than get a taxi home. The only thing that concerned me was that I was that I was asked to swipe my credit card for a charge (which apparently would not be charged) when I had already paid for the hotel room and was not intending to charge anything to the room or add breakfast ???? The desk staff did not offer to explain why this was necessary.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.
I apologise for any confusion caused by the credit card swipe. We take an authorisation only on a credit card at check-in. This is for security purposes and validates all pre-paid reservations.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here for one night,after going to a concert at the arena.It is in an excellent position.Right next to shops,restaurants and the arena is an easy walk.Accomodation is basic but modern and clean.problem with hair dryer and we got a new one in less then 10 minutes.
Everything worked well in the room.shower exceptionally good.( and yes,no mattress covers- yuk)
Breakfast varies on quality depending on time of day.General breakfast is excellent value.Breads, pastries,cereals in packets, dried fruit,,fresh fruit,muller light yoghurts,yoghurt drinks,jams,marmalades,honey,cheeses,ham.Also cooked breakfast buffet.teas and coffees.Better spread then a lot of expensive hotels.Later on is just cold buffet.
Tesco express just next door.
All staff were more then helpful and polite.would stay again if up this way for anther concert.in fact we would rather come here then go to a London venue and hotel.
Parking straight across the road.easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review.
It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've never stayed here, and I would not return.
To start ; on entering room, stained/marked dirty shabby carpet. Window was filthy ! Smears & marks all over. NO mattress protector- short black curly hairs all over mattress&bed sheets- and stray hairs on bed side shelf. The heating only worked on one setting! All of the pillows were odd shapes- with pillow cases that didn't fit !
Bathroom- the shower head was blocked with a lot of lime scale . Massive leaks/holes in the shower hose- so the water sprayed every where- but the head! both liquid soap bottles were EMPTY. Bottle in bathroom was hanging off wall! Extractor fan didn't work and was thick with grey fluff&dirt ! The whole bathroom needed a good steam clean to remove the ground in dirt & stains.
A guest thought it was a good idea to smoke in their room at 2:50AM, so the fire alarm was going off for 20mins!!
The carpet in the corridor is falling apart- covered up with masking tape all over and it crinkles under your feet ...! Only one lift working. We didn't bother to stay for the breakfast that we had paid for- and when we left and handed our key in- we weren't offered an apology for the fire alarm and weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Betty B
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 01159853600/ H6160-gm@accor.com

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel when taking my Daughter to see University's in Nottingham
She stayed on campus so my husband and I took a double room.
The Location is ideal as it is just across the road from the nice part of the center with all the restaurants, bars and shops close at hand.

The hotel give you a reduced rate on parking at the multi story car park opposite and as parking is quite an expense this really helped.

The rooms are quite small but well designed, with everything you need.
The room was also very quiet considering its position on the road.

The air con/ heating unit is controlled in the room, so no overheating.

Shower was powerful and plenty of hot water.

Didn't have breakfast as went to local pub for a late breakfast.
Would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ravenm2014

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel booked for friends 60th ideal in the city centre, paid for a double got a twin room but made do. Nice clean room comfortable bed. Don't expect to get much sleep at weekends as it's used by lots of stags and hen parties

• Stayed: February 2014
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.
I apologise on the behalf of other guests for any disturbance caused to your night's sleep. Our staff are available 24 hours a day to attend to any problems that may arise.