“Excellent stay”

Ibis Nottingham Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed Saturday night as we were going out on a stag night. We paid £65 for a twin room. I couldn't fault it. The room was spotless and seemed very modern. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The location is excellent as it's right in the city centre. If I stay in Nottingham again then this is where I'll be going.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here last week for one night when I went to see Elton John in Concert at the Capital FM Arena which is located very nearby.

I was travelling with someone else but we had our own rooms and I did feel very safe here.

The rooms are basic but bright, modern and spotlessly clean, great value for the price I paid.

My only criticism is the breakfast, the space where this is served is quite small and it felt crowded and a bit like a canteen/cafeteria. Also the English breakfast was not super great.

As/with all ACCOR Hotels, the customer service is first rate and the reception staff were excellent!

All in all it was well worth the money paid and I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting under similar circumstances.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bacardiqueen11
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Ibis Nottingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have noted your comments regarding our breakfast buffet, which we are currently addressing.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 28 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived 30 mins before the official check-in but that was no problem, given a room straight away. The room was clean, tidy and front facing. Traffic not an issue as we were on the third floor. The bathroom is lovely and well lit with a huge shower room for 2 if you wish (no fighting off shower curtains here!). Very central, minutes walk from the Arena and Theatre Royal. The bed was very comfy (my wife thought it one of the comfiest!). Very reasonably priced as well. We did not take the breakfast option as we left early. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

On our arrival we found no towels in the room; we had to ask at the desk. The mattress, such as it is, comprises a hard frame overlaid with a piece of foam rubber and a mattress topper; there is no actual mattress. The carpets in the room and the corridors, thin, worn and grey with dirt, look and feel like the covered concrete of an outdoor patio. The room is smaller than those of other budget hotels near the city centre. The bathroom is not a proper room unto itself; rather it's a prefrabricated inset comprising shower, toilet and washbasin. There is no dustbin in the room at all, except for the small one underneath the washbasin. On the positive side, staff were friendly and responsive to requests; it's just that the property itself doesn't give them much to work with.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and the opinions of our guests prove a great contribution to the future of the Ibis brand.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my other half, decided to go nottingham again, sat-mon, as always this hotel makes us feel like we are at home, we really cant ask for anything better, as we use this hotel at least once a month, as we cant seem to stay away from the place:D, only one thing was at fault this time, was that the main light in the room wasnt working, I should have said something so things could be done, but instead I kept quiet as I love the place to much!, thankyou yet again as we had a beautiful weekend! We shall be returning, the 30th june-1st of july as it is my birthday:D' see you soon!.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie W
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have addressed the issue on the main lights in the bedroom .We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.