“Lovely Tapas!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Reasonably priced and a very good menu with lots of choices. They used to give more generous portions and the chorizo used to be so much more juicy than it is now. They cook it too long so that it goes dry.

Other than that the food really is good and although the service can be slow, they are rather busy though, it is still very good service. They work hard so can't complain really.

The interior is nice and Spanish and it is one of my favorite places to go to for a quick bite.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

I honestly went not expecting to be full and for the meal to be more about the authentic Spanish dining experience than the food itself. However I practically had to be rolled out of the place I was that full, the food really does come out thick and fast. The only downside for me was the ambience upstairs, I know there is live music downstairs though, but upstairs was a little empty, and somewhat lacking the feel of an authentic tapas bar. The restaurant for me still has the feel of the edgy club/bar Dogma that La Tasca took over from when Dogma closed down. Nevertheless, good food, a good selection of beers and wines from the bar, and something different if you get tired of always eating Italian.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

There were 6 of us that nipped in for a late lunch, no trouble getting a table and the service was quick. They have a great menu with a lot of gluten free and vegetarian options which was brilliant for our group. Would recommend!

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Not my first time here. Won't be the last. All the staff are great. Food is excellent every time. All in all a nice place to spend an evening with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere to go on a mother daughter date with my mum & sister and also had a craving for some of the tapas I had in Barcelona so we decided on La Tasca. I booked online with no issues, we got there at 7.30 and gave our order within 15 minutes.
Bad points: we waited an hour for our food order. It wasn't busy.
.We waited almost as long for tap water!
. The Patatas bravas & calamari was a bit limp & soggy like they have been fried earlier then nuked for our order
. There was a dance class on upstairs and the woman had a microphone. It was like having dinner in a bingo hall, not an enjoyable experience - especially as my deaf mother wears hearing aids so struggled to hear anything other than the lady!

I'm not sure whether the food was good or bad, it was just ok. Nothing rocked my world and nothing was so bad I couldn't eat it. It was a bit greasy and a bit disappointing.

I won't be returning in a hurry.

1  Thank JennyRhiann