“Great food but pricey!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food very good but portions are quiet small so beware! Very casual type restaurant & tables fairly close together. Ordered the Prosseco for the ladies as it was a special occasion almost £25 a bottle so choose wisely. Very good selection of wines though! Staff were very attentive but needed prompting for water which we had already ordered. Would I return, I would say not. Do try other fish restaurants in the area to compare though.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unlike the previous reviewer I love the atmosphere here, with the open prep area where you can see all the shellfish and the chefs getting your starters ready, and the busyness of a small but popular eatery.

The service here is generally excellent and our most recent didn't didn't change this. The waiter picked up on it being a special occasion, as we ordered champagne, and acted accordingly seeming attentive but not overly so, making recommendations etc.

Food also is always good here, my favourite is the lobster and husband is pleased with the new range of steaks they do! Lovely seasonal menu always changing so we come back often.

Excellent value for money, especially with vouchers which are often available!

Highly recommend, just don't get the table at the back near the kitchen as then it genuinely is like sitting in a corridor or canteen and I always ask to move, which they happily organise!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Noisy canteen atmosphere making it hard to hear the waitress or indeed talk to freinds.
I had the tiniest piece of sea bass with" twice cooked chips" the chips looked and tasted frozen , pure stodge.didn't eat them.
best thing on the plate was the green beans.
came home and had a bag of peanuts.
Wont be returning

1  Thank northernlass52
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Been here thrice already and look forward to going anytime I am in Nottingham. Service is very good and food is very fresh. I really like the lobster here and I think it is my second bedt place for lobster besides Boston

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our second visit to lochfynne nottingham. The first visit a few months ago was disappointing but thought we would give it another chance. Big mistake, five of us visited this Saturday the food was bland, tasteless,and overpriced. We all different starters and mains and all were disappointing to say the least.The portions are tiny huge dishes with a couple of spoonfuls of food in the bottom, none of us are big eaters and we all left still hungry, part of our order did not arrive, but couldn't catch anyone's attention to let them know. This was 6pm Saturday dread to think what the service is like later on. This will definitely be our last visit

1  Thank billiebob71