“Poor service and disappointing food”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham
Ranked #785 of 1,337 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The visit didn't get off to a good start when they served my wine in a glass that was absolutely filthy and covered in lipstick that wasn't mine. We then waited an hour for our food (we had booked a table and the place wasn't that busy) and the waitress service was very slow. She seemed more concerned about wiping the tables than taking our orders and did not crack a smile once. I ordered the chicken and bacon wrap with salad and the salad was so disgusting I couldn't face eating it. I suspect it had been left under a heat lamp. It was almost impossible to read the menus as the writing is so small and the restaurant is so dark. Very disappointing and I won't be going back.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

When you are cold and tired it is always good to sit in warm and familiar surroundings. The food was very enjoyable as usual and the service was friendly and relaxed.

Free wifi meant I could check my emails and do a bit of work after enjoying my meal

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Don't know where to start...having to wait 20minutes for a drink, not just once but on 2 occasions. Awful food which was under cooked not to mention food poisioning! Didn't even get an apology for the absolute shocking service until a complaint was made and refusal to pay the full bill. Might have given them the benefit of the doubt, however they seem to make a habbit of being incompentent, ignorant, unorganised and rushed!

1  Thank Sgl91
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Really disappointed with this restaurant, ordered fish and chips and was told after 10 minutes that there wasn't any fish therefore could we order something else. Waited 30 minutes for our food to arrive on what you would call a steady night. When the food did come there was a hair on the plate so I told the waitress, who offered a replacement which by this time I was fed up. The manager brought our bill at the end of the night and had the cheek to say she hadn't charged for the meal we sent back, no apology....no nothing!!!!

1  Thank Kirn S
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Awful breakfast awful service. I know it's done to a budget but with drinks you don't get much change a Tenner. How they get away calling it pork sausage bacon awful badly cooked greasy and tasteless. Will stick to places whet they serve real food.

1  Thank gingerdad1

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham also viewed

Netherfield, Nottinghamshire
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham? Share your experiences!