Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We booked a table for my son's birthday (which we mentioned on the phone) & when we arrived (with our cake), a waiter took us to our table but he didn't bother with a 'happy birthday' or giving our son a child's activity pack, despite other children getting one. We had our meal, the food was as expected - ok. During the meal a waiter was harshly critised, in front of us, for a minor mistake by the manager whilst another was permitted to go past diners with armfuls of rubbish. At the end of the meal there was no cake to be seen, we eventually managed to track down our waitress - she was pleasant but knew nothing about the cake. It did arrive & our son loved it. There was no balloon though, despite my son watch 15+ other children receive one. We'll go somewhere else next year.

or balloon even no cake!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited for our evening meal. The place was packed and staff were running around all over the place. When we finally got our meal my partner had ordered a medium rare steak which unfortunately was not when it arrived. A few hours later my partner became ill with a dicky tummy and sweats and was running back and forth to the bathroom all night. We can only attribute this to his meal at Frankie and Benny's because he had not eaten anywhere else since earlier in the morning. We find it hard to understand how you can get ill from steak but think there must have been some sort of cross contamination in the kitchen.

1  Thank Rachael0177
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The visit didn't get off to a good start when they served my wine in a glass that was absolutely filthy and covered in lipstick that wasn't mine. We then waited an hour for our food (we had booked a table and the place wasn't that busy) and the waitress service was very slow. She seemed more concerned about wiping the tables than taking our orders and did not crack a smile once. I ordered the chicken and bacon wrap with salad and the salad was so disgusting I couldn't face eating it. I suspect it had been left under a heat lamp. It was almost impossible to read the menus as the writing is so small and the restaurant is so dark. Very disappointing and I won't be going back.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

When you are cold and tired it is always good to sit in warm and familiar surroundings. The food was very enjoyable as usual and the service was friendly and relaxed.

Free wifi meant I could check my emails and do a bit of work after enjoying my meal

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Don't know where to start...having to wait 20minutes for a drink, not just once but on 2 occasions. Awful food which was under cooked not to mention food poisioning! Didn't even get an apology for the absolute shocking service until a complaint was made and refusal to pay the full bill. Might have given them the benefit of the doubt, however they seem to make a habbit of being incompentent, ignorant, unorganised and rushed!

1  Thank Sgl91

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham also viewed

Netherfield, Nottinghamshire
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nottingham? Share your experiences!