“What a gem”

Ranked #21 of 1,402 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Saw the Lobster Pit online.... liked the look of the review.
NOT DISAPPOINTED!
Excellent service from the staff and the food.... grilled plater was fantastic.
Would eat there again and recommend others that want a sea food treat in the middle of Nottingham

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I loved it! Particularly the muscles, scallops and prawns in the seafood platter. A nice small under-stated restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My fiancee and I fancied trying lobster for the first time and saw that the Lobster Pot had decent reviews. We ordered a seafood platter (grilled) which came with a whole garlic butter lobster. If you have never had lobster before, throw away your inhibitions; you will end up looking silly but we had a lot of fun figuring out how to get into it and the staff were more than happy to explain the tools. They were very accommodating for coeliacs and the fries were yum. Amazing food, excellent service. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered a whole lobster as my main course with Garlic Butter when I visited a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the body of my Lobster was definitely over cooked although the giant claws were OK. I had previously ordered a Lobster in Rick Stein’s restaurant in Padstow in June & it was much tastier!!!
I understand the Lobster I eat in Nottingham came from Canada & the one I enjoyed in Padstow from Cornwall. The foreign lobster had much larger claws & cost nearly 50% less than the Cornish Lobster & therefore the meal was significantly cheaper.
I think I will eat British Lobster only on special occasions in the future because the extra special taste is very much worth the extra costs.
We don’t plan on eating at the Lobster Pot again.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I was invited for a meal here at the last minute. My first thought on seeing the menu online was I didn't really fancy anything on it other than the sea bass, bream and salmon which I regularly cook at home myself. I contacted them to see what the specials were and there were a couple that took my fancy. One of these vanished before I got there. I was told I could mix and match the fish and sauce and intended to have the halibut with a caper sauce. Unfortunately, it turned out the caper sauce wasn't available either. I settled for the halibut with a pesto and garlic sauce which would be ok.

I should say that most of us had the haddock chowder as a starter which was really nice and very thick. There was quite a long wait for the main course and when mine arrived, there was a decent sized bit of halibut with just a little sauce basically decorating the plate. I ordered fried new potatoes and steamed veg, both of which are extras.

The new potatoes were nice, the steamed veg ok, although I think they could be more adventurous than the usual broccoli, carrot and green beans. The main part of the dish, the halibut was actually quite disappointing and, in my opinion anyway, a bit overcooked which made it too dry.

I'd probably give it one more go as it's a nice place but on this occasion anyway, the food was disappointing bar the chowder and new potatoes but that's not really enough to keep me interested I'm afraid.