“Great seafood ”

Ranked #25 of 1,456 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Great meal out with friends. Fantastic seafood, limited meat menu. The fish platter was excellent and good value. Great service as well. Would go back in a moment.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Gruzenberg

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Saw the Lobster Pit online.... liked the look of the review.
NOT DISAPPOINTED!
Excellent service from the staff and the food.... grilled plater was fantastic.
Would eat there again and recommend others that want a sea food treat in the middle of Nottingham

1  Thank J2365AFandrews
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I loved it! Particularly the muscles, scallops and prawns in the seafood platter. A nice small under-stated restaurant.

1  Thank Arthur M
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My fiancee and I fancied trying lobster for the first time and saw that the Lobster Pot had decent reviews. We ordered a seafood platter (grilled) which came with a whole garlic butter lobster. If you have never had lobster before, throw away your inhibitions; you will end up looking silly but we had a lot of fun figuring out how to get into it and the staff were more than happy to explain the tools. They were very accommodating for coeliacs and the fries were yum. Amazing food, excellent service. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I ordered a whole lobster as my main course with Garlic Butter when I visited a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the body of my Lobster was definitely over cooked although the giant claws were OK. I had previously ordered a Lobster in Rick Stein’s restaurant in Padstow in June & it was much tastier!!!
I understand the Lobster I eat in Nottingham came from Canada & the one I enjoyed in Padstow from Cornwall. The foreign lobster had much larger claws & cost nearly 50% less than the Cornish Lobster & therefore the meal was significantly cheaper.
I think I will eat British Lobster only on special occasions in the future because the extra special taste is very much worth the extra costs.
We don’t plan on eating at the Lobster Pot again.

Date of visit: September 2018