“Outside my comfort zone”

Lobster Pot Nottingham
Ranked #27 of 1,410 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our second visit to Lobster Pot, the first being a couple of years ago. This visit coincided with my birthday.
We chose this venue because I just love lobster and most other restaurants offering lobster only serve halve, but I wanted the whole thing and that's just one of the things that makes Lobster Pot our seafood restaurant of choice.

My lobster was superb but the real story centres around me starter. I wanted to stretch my own (self imposed) boundaries and toyed with the idea oysters to start. I plucked up courage and ordered cooked oysters in a garlic butter sauce - and it was fantastic. So I sat there waiting for Larry Lobster to arrive and the waiter arrived with a single fresh (raw) oyster. The staff knew from my initial trepidation that a fresh oyster was likely to be beyond my limit but here it was to try. Yes? No? Dare? So we agreed I'd give it a go with the accompanying chilli dip. And, it was ok. Quite nice in fact. That hurdle now behind me, I feel the whole menu has opened up for future visits.

This was a superb visit made special by a wonderful menu and excellent staff. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. See you soon.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 25T-Win-Foodie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great meal out with friends. Fantastic seafood, limited meat menu. The fish platter was excellent and good value. Great service as well. Would go back in a moment.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Gruzenberg
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Saw the Lobster Pit online.... liked the look of the review.
NOT DISAPPOINTED!
Excellent service from the staff and the food.... grilled plater was fantastic.
Would eat there again and recommend others that want a sea food treat in the middle of Nottingham

1  Thank J2365AFandrews
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I loved it! Particularly the muscles, scallops and prawns in the seafood platter. A nice small under-stated restaurant.

1  Thank Arthur M
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My fiancee and I fancied trying lobster for the first time and saw that the Lobster Pot had decent reviews. We ordered a seafood platter (grilled) which came with a whole garlic butter lobster. If you have never had lobster before, throw away your inhibitions; you will end up looking silly but we had a lot of fun figuring out how to get into it and the staff were more than happy to explain the tools. They were very accommodating for coeliacs and the fries were yum. Amazing food, excellent service. Thank you!