“Excellent Food and service”

Lobster Pot Nottingham
Ranked #25 of 1,455 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lobster Pot Nottingham is the original Lobster Pot opened in 2001. It is a family run business combining Thai cooking with Seafood classics.
Reviewed 14 December 2018

Have been dining here since February since coming back from Australia and having a craving for Lobster! Much cheaper here usually pay about 150 to 200 AUD, with a view of Sydney Ooera House Have tried most food on the menu now including Lobster of course. Saying that for my taste the Lobster, mussels and baked Oysters are my favourites and really great prices and service. Thank you, The Lobster Pot Nottingham

Reviewed 14 December 2018

Decided to try this restaurant as a pre-show meal with limited time to eat. The staff were extremely friendly, and apologetic that the brown crab wasn't available that day. We had the mussels to share and then the baked seabass and scallops in cheese sauce. All of these dishes were extremely enjoyable and easily as good if not better than another fish restaurant we have previously visited in Nottingham. We will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

Booked a table here months in advance and we were really looking forward to it. We had booked here especially to try the lobster. We arrived at 8.45 for our table and were seated straight away only to be told they had run out of lobster. We were obviously surprised and disappointed but decided to go with our second choice of the crab. Guess what ? They had run out of that too.
Seriously ?? The restaurant is called the lobster pot !!!
We walked out at this point and went elsewhere. Why take bookings if you can’t calculate how much food you’ll need ?
Please note this place is also a good walk out of town and is on the outskirts so late at night its not the nicest of places to get to.
Needless to say we won’t be re booking or recommending
Thanks for nothing Lobster pot !!

Reviewed 6 December 2018

Had booked a table. Seated straight away by very friendly staff. We had the salmon with vegetables and sirloin steak with chips. The service was very good and both meals good... only thing that upset us was they forgot to bring the chips and had to remind them before finishing the meal. It wasn’t too busy so not overworked enough to have forgotten to bring part of a meal. Enjoyed but probably won’t be going again.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 21 November 2018

This is our second visit to Lobster Pot, the first being a couple of years ago. This visit coincided with my birthday.
We chose this venue because I just love lobster and most other restaurants offering lobster only serve halve, but I wanted the whole thing and that's just one of the things that makes Lobster Pot our seafood restaurant of choice.

My lobster was superb but the real story centres around me starter. I wanted to stretch my own (self imposed) boundaries and toyed with the idea oysters to start. I plucked up courage and ordered cooked oysters in a garlic butter sauce - and it was fantastic. So I sat there waiting for Larry Lobster to arrive and the waiter arrived with a single fresh (raw) oyster. The staff knew from my initial trepidation that a fresh oyster was likely to be beyond my limit but here it was to try. Yes? No? Dare? So we agreed I'd give it a go with the accompanying chilli dip. And, it was ok. Quite nice in fact. That hurdle now behind me, I feel the whole menu has opened up for future visits.

This was a superb visit made special by a wonderful menu and excellent staff. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. See you soon.

Date of visit: November 2018