“Superb graduation lunch!”

Perkins Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Perkins Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Perkins Bar & Bistro, located at Plumtree's beautiful former Victorian Railway station, enjoyed an exciting transformation in 2016. Emerging as Perkins Bar & Bistro to fanfare from critics and public alike, the new eaterie offers food that's modern and fresh. There are sharer-board starters, 'Bistro bites', main plates and daily specials using ingredients from Perkins' very own smokehouse. There's an ever-changing daily Prix Fixe, Afternoon Teas and Perkins' Sunday offering is extended until 5pm - modern and classic seasonal dishes that commit to ingredients sourced from quality suppliers, local when possible. In terms of interior, think rustic tables, brass light fittings and bar seats amid reclaimed textures and materials. The re-designed interior offers a relaxed countryside bistro feel, somewhere you'd be equally happy to pop in for a pint and a snack or enjoy lunch or dinner.
York
“Superb graduation lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Three of us went to Perkins to celebrate my son's graduation. What a lovely venue and fantastic meal. We were made to feel very welcome - nothing was too much trouble. We began the meal with fishcakes (my husband and son agreed they were brilliant). My smoked salmon dish was delicious. For our main courses we chose the special beef, fillet of beef and coq au vin - all excellent. To complete the meal the restaurant produced a surprise "Congratulations" mini ice cream for my son; a really nice touch that completed such an excellent meal and a lovely day.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank PipYork
PerkinsNotts, Owner at Perkins Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Pip,

Many congratulations on your son’s graduation and thank you for choosing to celebrate the milestone at Perkins! Delighted you enjoyed lunch and we thank you ever so much for your kind words.

Nottingham
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Four of us dined for dinner last night. It's not my first time here, I've been for several excellent Sunday lunches, which I have always really enjoyed. It's always nice to have lots of fresh vegetables to accompany a dinner, which I did feel that my meal last night lacked, but are supplied with the Sunday lunch.

With that said, I enjoyed the food and my evening and Perkins and will definitely return, but maybe for Sunday lunch next time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Charlotte C
Dear Charlotte,

Many thanks for visiting us again at Perkins. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visits but have noted you coment regarding the vegetables. Really appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and hope to see you soon.

Co-owner, Perkins
“Fantastic from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I went with my family for Sunday lunch and was not disappointed. I had soup to start which was great, but I really want to heap praise on the main course I had; Duck.

The duck had been cooked perfectly and was a generous portion; I often find that in nicer restaurants that they skimp on portions but not here. The duck was nice and juicy and came apart nicely. The potatoes on the dish were excellent; crispy but not greasy.

The was also a nice selection of veg served with the meal, including beans, broccoli, carrots and dauphinoise potatoes - I am a big fan of dauphinoise potatoes and they were done a treat!

Additionally for the price - around £25 for three courses - I would describe this as excellent value for money based on the quality of food on offer, and in a lovely location.

Staff were attentive and friendly and were knowledgable about the menu.

I would absolutely recommend that you visit this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Matthew T
Dear Matthew,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your family lunch here at Perkins – thank you also for letting us know the dishes you particularly enjoyed! I’ll make sure the kitchen and front of house team are made aware of your comments.

Hope to see you soon. Thank you again.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a lovely meal at Perkins yesterday. The restaurant was busy and has a nice atmosphere. We started with cocktails ....these did take about 20 minutes to make ... But after that slow start the service was friendly and efficient. Starters were delicious- between us we had fishcake, salmon tartare, asparagus with poached egg and duck terrine ... All lovely and served with some delicious home-made bread. The main courses we're also good ... there was very little room for pudding but we managed a lovely panda cotta and a very rich chocolate and peanut butter tart. Overall a lovely evening.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Thompsoncroft
Dear Thompson,

Thank you very much for your review. Sorry about the slow start – it has been noted! I am delighted you enjoyed your visit though and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

“Spoil Yourself !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Recently went there for our 25th wedding anniversary. OK it's not cheap but similarly it's not outrageous. The food is very well prepared ( not fresh from the freezer via the microwave !). The staff are very attentive but not in your in face. Very pleasant surroundings. Don't be put off by the posh cars in the car park ! We had two three course a la carte meals with drinks and it came to £84 . Not something we would do every week but certainly worth it for the special occasions.