“QUIET, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE”
Review of 16 Pilchergate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham
16 Pilchergate
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. At £66 for a studio apartment (which is larger and better equipped than a 4 star hotel room) the value for money is excellent and Val, the House Manager, provides a very friendly welcome and ensures standards are tip-top. As Val is not usually around over the weekend, except to admit new residents, apartments are not serviced over the weekend, so be prepared to make the bed and do your washing up during a weekend break. That's a small price to pay for what is incredible value compared with a hotel room.

Although very close to the City Centre, the building is always quiet, even when full.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BarryMLondon
pilchergate, Manager at 16 Pilchergate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

I'd just like to thank all of my guests that have took time to put on a review.Thank you so much for all your feed back.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed two adults and two kids in the penthouse for three Nights. The pictures are to believe; it is a fantastic penthouse. And Peter and Val were most helpfull as we were let down by another hotel. We Will certainly return next time in Nottingham. Henrik og Benedikte, Denmark

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Benedikte N
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We recently stayed at 16 Pilcher Gate and was very impressed with the size of our 2 bedroom apartment. It was very spacious and comfortable and each bedroom had private ensuite and television. The beds were comfortable and was so happy to have big, beautiful, fluffy bath sheets after a warm bath. Definitely will book again when we come back to Nottingham. Thank you Peter for collecting us at the train station and thank you to Val for your help.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia K
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here for five months, initially in one of the self-contained apartments then, after a few months, in one of the two bedroom flats.

The self-contained apartments are pretty good. They vary a little in size with the larger ones contain a "breakfast bar" to eat at, but the smaller ones are still rather large. The beds are big, clean and comfortable. The rooms have well equipped en-suite bathrooms and are cleaned daily. Each self-contained apartment contains a Flat Screen TV, DVD player, kettle, microwave, fridge and a food steamer, which is almost enough to fully self cater.

The two bedroom flat contained two bedrooms of the same size as the one bed apartments, a lounge/dining room (with LCD TV + DVD Player) and a very small kitchen. The Kitchen has a full cooker as well as all the other bits and bobs and a freezer. The bedrooms have CRT TVs with VHS Players(!) and en-suite bathrooms. Obviously the bedrooms used to be self-contained apartments as they have the fixtures, which is a bit odd.

There are basic laundry facilities on site, which is very useful and the Housekeeper, Val is very very helpful!

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, but I should note that my company was picking up the bill so I can't comment on value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Val, Val, Val, Val, Val.

It is all about Val, she is efficient, friendly, helpful, loves her job and takes everything as a personal responsibility.

I've stayed twice so far and would go back whenever I need to be in Nottingham.

I've only used the Penthouse, but did see a studio room. The Penthouse is excellent, spacious, warm, comfortable and very good value at 200GBP a night. The second bedroom is a bit small, but forgivable.

I can recommend it whole heartily.

Room Tip: They are all seemingly very good. But the Penthouse is really a great alternative to a hotel suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Have in the past 10 years visited all major cities in Uk, except one, when it comes to shopping excluding London, 3 stands out above others, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham, of the three Nottingham is the easiest, because of its compactness, Leeds is good, but am forever getting lost.
I am not a shop-a-holic, I just love shopping, especially up market and quality shops, the 200 mile journey to Nottingham is a pleasure and worth it. A week is a must, 1st 3 days window shopping, the fourth on you start spending.

As this was a shopping holiday, type of accomodation and location is important, The service maintained appartment at 16 Pilcher Gate, The lace market, was just perfect, you are just 2 mts walk from Bridal Smith Gate, the Bond street of Nottingham, 3 mts from Marks & Spencer, 6 mts from John Lewis and 7 mts from The House of Fraser
16 Pilcher gate is not new to me, having stayed here several times to me it is like a second home. This time as I was travelling alone decided on a studio, a very spacious one, furniture with ample for storage like drawers and plenty of space for hanging,
There is no shortage of restaurants nearby of all nationalities, personaly they do not interest me.
I prefer to look after myself, preparing my own meals like:- Jersey Royals, Wiltshire mild sweet cured gammon, and runner beans.
I spent 10 days away from home, 1st 3 days was spent in Cheltenham Spa, I informed the resident manageress Val, that I would be leaving Cheltenham at 10.00hrs and should arrive Nottingham station at 12.05 and that I would take the tram to the Lace market and to expect me at 12.15 I arrived dead on time, as I entered Pilcher Gate, I noticed the door of no 16 was wide open, ready to greet me, one could not expect better.
I did arrive with a problem, my only credit card had been locked at Cheltenham, I mention this to Val, she said no problem, I'll sort it out for you, within 5 mts my problem was solved. she is a person that i would wish to have as a neighbour, to sort my problems when they arise, like:- mobile phone, television and laptop.
Next month I am off to Preston, i do not expect to be spoilt ther e.

Room Tip: Does not apply here
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DHDLLANELLI
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stunning Penthouse suite with beautifully finished decor, very reasonably priced. Val was so very friendly and accommodating, we'll definitely book in again. The central location, specially priced parking arrangement and the ultimate - that the lift opens into the gorgeous open-plan living area - it can't be beaten.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends